36 | Pep Rally

💔💔

💔💔

THIS ISN'T ABOUT A PEP RALLY.

IT HAD BEEN EIGHT MONTHS

Eight months had passed since the events that had taken place at Starcourt Mall and so much had changed over the last eight months. After Hazel, Ellie, Eleven and the Byers had moved away from Hawkins, the group had been trying to find some sense of normalcy in their lives again, but nothing was like it had once been. Eddie, who used to hang out with the group when Hazel lived in Hawkins, had started spending more time with the band and so they rarely saw him these days. Meanwhile, Isadora still suffered nightmares about what had happened on the Fourth of July but had led her friends to believe she didn't remember anything from that horrific night. Of course, that wasn't the truth for every day she saw Laura sacrificing herself to save Isadora's life and the blonde blamed herself for Laura's death. In comparison, it seemed like Billy didn't remember anything about what happened and a small part of Isadora felt a bit of anger towards her boyfriend for seeming fine after everything that had happened.

"Shit," Isadora groaned, as she wiped at the blood spots that had fallen onto the page in front of her before she grabbed a tissue and wiped the blood from her nose, before she pushed her glasses up on her nose and read over what she had just written. After being accepted to college, she was studying to be a nurse with plans to become a paediatric surgeon one day, but since starting college in September, she had found herself spending hours studying. As she re-read her notes, she rubbed her fingers against her temple and tried to get rid of the bad headache she'd woken up with.

"Issi?" Billy asked, as he leant against the doorway of the study, which they had put together in a spare room after Isadora had been accepted to college. Isadora hurried to hide the bloody evidence before placing her pen down beside her notepad, shoving the papers aside and swivelling around to face him, an irritated look crossing her face as she did and he raised an eyebrow as he watched her, "Are you okay?"

"I'm just frustrated because I am struggling with this assignment," Isadora said, not wanting to tell Billy that she'd woken up from a nightmare or about the headaches and the bloody nose, figuring she was probably just overtired, having spent a lot of time studying and working and not really sleeping much.