21 | A Christmas Surprise

💔💔

💔💔

I WANTED TO DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOU.

IT WAS CHRISTMAS EVE

And because she was spending today alone, Isadora couldn't help feeling lonely. Ever since she was a young child, Isadora had loved Christmas, but this was her second Christmas without her family and she missed them a lot, especially at Christmas time. And ever since Steve's Christmas Party, Isadora had barely seen Billy or her friends and she was starting to grow worried that she had done something at the party to make Billy and her friends all avoid her. When she had tried to ask her friends what was going on, Steve had reassured her that everything was fine, but as Christmas Eve had arrived, her friends and Billy had disappeared completely and Isadora felt really lonely.

"I guess I'm spending Christmas Eve alone," Isadora softly as she made her way downstairs that morning and looked at the all too empty living room as memories from Christmas when she was younger came rushing back to her. She remembered the nights where she would stay up late with her parents and younger sister, drinking hot coca while they watched cheesy Christmas movies, and afterwards her Dad would blast Christmas music throughout the house and the two of them would dance and sing loudly, while her mum would try to tell them they were being too loud before she would video them as Sophia decorated the house with wrapping paper from the presents their parents had allowed them to open on Christmas Eve. Now, her parents and sister were gone and it was just Isadora on her own, and Christmas was just not the same without them. As she stood staring at the empty living room, there was a knock on the door and she wiped her tears away from her cheeks before she walked over to answer the door, "Hopper? What are you doing here?"

"I need you to escort me to the station, Isadora," Hopper told her.

"What? It's — okay, fine, whatever," Isadora nodded in agreement, as she grabbed her coat and pulled it on before trudging out of the house and following Hopper to his station wagon. As they drove to the station, Isadora stared out the window and couldn't help feeling irritated that she was even having to go to the station on Christmas Eve and by the time they arrived, Isadora was in the worst mood. After Hopper parked the car, Isadora got out and followed him inside.