8 | Mixed Messages

💔💔

💔💔

I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU

BILLY HARGROVE HAD BEEN AVOIDING ISADORA JONES

And to say it hurt was an understatement. Billy had been going out of his way to flirt with other girls in a desperate attempt to stop himself from thinking about her but the beautiful blonde was the only thing on his mind and it was driving him crazy. At first, Isadora had tried speaking to Billy but after realising he was avoiding her, she had quickly given up as she had come to the realisation she had been right about one thing; as soon as the project was finished, Billy would stop talking to her and she was starting to regret ever sleeping with him.

"Isa, are you even listening?" Hazel asked, as she looked towards her best friend, who was clearly paying zero attention to the conversation. Lately, she hadn't noticed Isadora had been a lot quieter and moodier, and Hazel figured it had something to do with Billy, so she hadn't attempted to push Isadora into telling her what was going on.

"Oh, uh, sorry. What were you saying?" Isadora asked, immediately feeling bad that she hadn't been paying attention to the conversation.

"I was saying that the dance is very soon —" Hazel tried again and Isadora frowned as she looked towards her best friend.

"Are you going with Eddie?"

"Yes, he asked me last week to go with him and I believe Steve has asked Kendra," Hazel told her. Isadora nodded absentmindedly as she leant against the locker and looked over to where Billy was flirting with a girl in the hallway, and Isadora couldn't help wishing more than anything that it was her that he was flirting with, but she knew that was all over now.

"Great, so I guess I will be hanging out by myself at the dance then," Isadora said, as she continued to watch Billy, a part of her wishing he would ask her to the dance but she knew that was probably never going to happen.

"Have you spoken to Kendra yet? Or are you two still not speaking?" Hazel asked but she noticed Isadora wasn't paying attention to the conversation and looked over to see she was watching Billy, and Hazel narrowed her eyes as she watched Billy flirting with the girl, "He's an asshole, Isa."