14 | A New Friend

💔💔

💔💔

I PROMISE YOUR SECRET IS SAFE WITH ME.

NO-ONE KNEW WHERE ISADORA JONES HAD BEEN HIDING

Only one person in the entirety of Hawkins knew where she had been hiding, but that person had promised to keep the hiding place a secret despite knowing that her friends and the town was currently searching for the missing blonde. Beatrix had been making her way home from a party when she had run into Isadora and she had been surprised to run into anyone on her way home, let alone the crying blonde girl.

"Hi, are you okay?"

"O-Oh, I didn't expect to see anyone around h-here," Isadora sobbed softly before wiping her tears away from her face and nodding, "Y-Yeah, honestly it's probably silly that I'm even crying right now. I-I should have known I would have just ended up getting hurt. You probably don't really want to hear about my p-problems though, so I'm just gonna g-go."

"Wait, I have just the thing that might be able to help you with your problems," the girl told her before she held the flask out towards Isadora, who looked at it before looking at the girl and shaking her head.

"I-I don't know —"

"Come on, what have you got to lose? It might help you feel a little better," the girl said. Isadora hesitated as she took the flask from the girl, a part of her worried that if she drank alcohol again to help herself feel better, she might start relying on alcohol again and she didn't want to get back to that place she had been in when she lived in California but as Isadora looked back towards the other girl, she figured she was right that it might make her feel better and Isadora opened it and took a sip before coughing as the alcohol burned her throat.

"Oh, that's disgusting. Is that straight whiskey?" Isadora asked.

"Yes," the girl nodded.

"Delightful," Isadora muttered sarcastically before looking towards the other girl and raising an eyebrow, "Wait a minute, you just happen to be walking the streets of Hawkins carrying a flask of straight whiskey?"