40 | Saving Max

💔💔

💔💔

WE'LL SAVE HER.

BILLY HARGROVE WAS UNABLE TO SLEEP

Beside him, Isadora was sleeping, seemingly peaceful and as she slept, Billy traced patterns on her arm. A few moments later, Isadora woke up and suddenly flinched and yanked her arm away from Billy, as she sat up and started breathing heavily, reminding Billy of the time Isadora had woken up from a nightmare about her ex-boyfriend, right before he'd learnt the truth about what had happened to her.

"Is, are you okay?" Billy asked her gently.

"Y-Yeah, sorry —" Isadora mumbled, as she got out of the bed and Billy watched as the blonde ran her fingers through her hair and walked away. Billy frowned as he watched her go, not knowing that she had just had a nightmare like she did every night, but Isadora didn't want anyone knowing about her nightmares. After washing her face, Isadora made her way back into the room and started to make her way towards the bed when she noticed Billy was standing and watching Max, and Isadora stopped walking and sighed softly as she watched him, unsure if he had even slept. The group had spent the night in the Wheeler's basement after it had been decided that they should stick together and try to figure out how they were going to save Max from Vecna's curse. Isadora took a deep breath and then walked over to where Billy was standing and gently placed a hand on his shoulder, "Hey, did you sleep?"

"Are you okay?" Billy asked, as he looked towards her.

"Yes, I'm fine, and you're avoiding my question," Isadora said.

"I didn't really sleep, Is, but neither did Max. I don't really think any of us slept though," Billy told her. Isadora looked away from Billy and towards Max, who was busy writing something and the blonde folded her arms across her chest before she looked back towards Billy.

"We're not going to let anything happen to Max," Isadora said softly.

"You have a plan?"

"No, not yet, but I know we'll think of something, Billy. All of us here adore Max, and I promise you that we won't let anything happen to her," Isadora said.