7 | Heartbreaks

💔💔

💔💔

WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU GET HURT.

THE NEXT MORNING STARTED OFF TERRIBLY

Isadora's alarm had failed to go off and the minute she awoke, she realised she was running late for school, which was unusual for her. After hurrying to get ready, Isadora had grabbed her backpack and then sprinted out of the house before she started running in the direction of the school. By the time she had arrived, she was completely flustered and she sprinted through the hallways until she reached her first class of the day, barely making it on time and she sighed in relief as she collapsed down into her normal seat as her friends stared at her.

"What happened to you?" Kendra asked.

"Alarm —" Isadora puffed, stopping to take a second to collect herself before she spoke up again, "My alarm didn't go off so I had to sprint here to make it on time."

"You know Steve would have picked you up so you weren't late. Why did you tell him not to?" Kendra asked her.

"I was not in the mood to spend time in the car with Harrington, especially not after what happened yesterday, Ken," Isadora said.

"So, you decided sprinting to school so you could make it on time was the better option?" Kendra asked her.

"Exactly," Isadora nodded before spotting Billy walking into the classroom and she turned her attention towards him, "Hi, Billy —"

"What was that about?" Kendra asked as Billy ignored Isadora completely and walked straight to the back of the classroom. Isadora looked over her shoulder at Billy, wondering what she had done to make him ignore her and a part of her couldn't help but worry that maybe everyone had been right, maybe to Billy she was just another girl he could sleep with and toss aside when he was done with her and as she turned back towards Kendra, Isadora sighed softly.

"I don't know why Billy is ignoring me but something happened yesterday," Isadora said before noticing the teacher was look over at her and she quickly turned her attention towards her schoolwork but Isadora struggled to focus as she couldn't stop thinking about what had happened yesterday; she knew before basketball practice everything had been fine but as Isadora looked her shoulder and glanced between Steve and Billy, her heart started racing as she remembered seeing the two boys talking yesterday. What had happened between them yesterday to change things? Isadora shook her head before returning her attention to her schoolwork and attempted to focus her attention on it but her mind was all over the place.