39 | The Search for Answers

💔💔

💔💔

NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE.

ISADORA WATCHED AS BEATRIX WALKED OVER TO JOIN THE GROUP

The group had made their way back to the trailer park after witnessing the horrific scene, with Nancy explaining why she and Kendra had been at the trailer park in the first place. As she sat down beside Billy, Isadora saw flashes of herself facing down the Mind Flayer in the Starcourt Mall and Isadora flinched.

"Is, what's wrong? Are you ok?" Billy asked her.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Isadora quickly said as she sat down. Billy looked at her skeptically but Isadora avoided looking at him as Beatrix nudged Billy.

"Scoot over," she ordered and Billy looked towards his twin sister before shuffling over so Beatrix could sit down beside him, as the group caught Nancy and Beatrix up on everything they knew so far.

"So, you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the Upside Down?" Nancy asked.

"If the shoe fits."

"Our working theory is that he attacks with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the Mind Flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know," Dustin said. At the mention of the Mind Flayer, Billy felt Isadora's grip on his hand tighten and he looked towards her, noticing that she wasn't really listening to the conversation, her mind clearly elsewhere. Billy nudged her gently and Isadora looked towards him before looking down at her hands.

"All we know is that this is something different, something new."

"Doesn't make sense."

"It's only a theory."

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place. They were both at the game."

"And near the trailer park."

"We're at the trailer park, uh, should we maybe not be here?" Steve asked. Isadora looked towards him before she looked around the trailer park, her grip tightening on Billy's hand as the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach grew.