17 | Fixing Things

💔💔

💔💔

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

ISADORA STARED AT HER BEST FRIEND IN HORROR

"You want me to do what exactly?" The blonde asked as she folded her arms across her chest and tried to make sense of what Kendra was telling her.

"I want you to go onstage and perform tonight," Kendra told Isadora. Tonight was the drama club's opening performance night but Isadora shook her head as Kendra told her that the blonde would need to go onstage and perform tonight. It had been a long time since she'd even stepped foot onstage and performed but Isadora had said she was never going to step foot on a stage again. Little did she know it was all a part of Kendra and Billy's plan.

"What the hell do you mean I'm going onstage, Ken? I thought — no, no way. I can't do it," Isadora protested.

"Olivia cannot make it tonight. She's got the flu and you're the only other person who knows all the songs and can actually since, besides you should be the one to sing the song you wrote. Come on, Isa, please, we need you to go on and perform tonight. We can't do this without you," Kendra begged her, unable to tell Isadora the real reason why Olivia hadn't come for the performance tonight. It had taken a lot of begging and pleading for Kendra to convince Olivia to pretend she was sick and not able to make it tonight so that Kendra could get Isadora to go onstage, which meant she really needed this plan to work.

"Honestly, I am telling you this is exactly the reason why we need understudies," Isadora replied.

"And right now, you kind of are Olivia's understudy," Kendra told her. Isadora groaned and made a face at the comment before she ran her hands through her hair and nodded.

"Okay, okay, fine. I don't like it but I will go onstage," Isadora agreed.

"You're the absolute best, I owe you!" Kendra smiled.

"I guess I will go and get ready then," Isadora said, as she walked away from Kendra and left to go and get ready for the performance. As she went to grab a costume, Isadora stopped and looked out to the seats in the auditorium, which were slowly filling up and the blonde gulped. When she had lived in California, Isadora had been part of the drama club and had even performed onstage a few times but one fateful afternoon her whole life had been turned upside down, and Isadora had convinced herself she was never going to perform onstage again. Isadora looked at the audience once more before taking a deep breath and walking into the costume room to grab her costume. Once she had changed, Isadora made her way back out to where Kendra was standing and hesitated as she took the microphone from her.