50 | The Beginning of the End

💔💔

💔💔

WHAT THE HELL?

A BOX FELL TO THE GROUND

Billy cursed under his breath as he bent down to pick up the box before seeing the letters that had fallen to the ground, along with a small book and he picked it up and put it down on Isadora's desk along with the box of letters before he headed into the bathroom to have a shower. Billy had barely left Isadora's side over the last two days except for today, after Beatrix had made him come home while Ellie and Max had stayed with Isadora. At first he had tried protesting, but Beatrix had promised they would go straight back to the hospital if anything changed. After showering, Billy attempted to get some sleep but after struggling for a while, he gave up before sitting up and looking towards Isadora's side of the bed and sighed softly.

"The bed feels empty without you, Is," Billy said quietly before he got out of the bed and made his way back into the study, where the box sat on the desk, along with the book that had fallen out of the box, plus Isadora's half finished assignment and as he looked towards it, Billy noticed the little hearts drawn in the corner and he smiled to himself before noticing the envelope he had put down on the desk earlier with his name scribbled on it, the same one Nancy had found left in the camper van and had given to Billy. The envelope had his name scribbled on it and Billy hesitated as he picked the letter up and carefully opened it, only to see that it was a letter Isadora had written him.

Dear Billy,

I never really thought I would be writing this letter and yet here we are. That day when we figured out Max was cursed, I realised I was cursed too and I am so sorry for not telling you, but I knew if you found out then you would try and stop me from going through with this plan to take down Vecna and save both Max and myself from him. I guess if you're reading this right now, then my plan failed. I hope you can forgive me for not telling you the truth.

I remember the day I first met you, the boy from California who everyone wanted. I remember all the girls talking about how insanely hot they thought you were and how they all wanted a chance with this gorgeous Californian guy. That first day we met, you came up to me and tried to ask me to skip homeroom and when I refused, you tried to ask me to have some fun with you after school. I was pretty naive back then but I knew you were trying to ask me to sleep with you. I remember you started calling me Little Miss Perfect when I turned you down and in that moment, you and I took a strong disliking to each other. I remember that first class we had together where you teased me about answering every question and then I told you off for disrupting my education. If I'm being honest, I loved the way you challenged me despite the fact I acted like I wanted nothing to do with you. Truth was from the moment I met you, I had a crush on you and although you were the last person I wanted to work with on the project, deep down I was looking forward to the fact I was getting to spend time with THE Billy Hargrove. Writing that down just made me realise how much I sound like all the other girls who had crushes on you. If I am being truthful, back then I was kind of annoyed by the fact I was going to be working on the project with you, especially since I realised I would probably be doing all the work alone (And I wasn't wrong about that, don't worry, I will get over it one day).