Prologue

💔💔

💔💔

TW: MENTIONS OF UNDERAGE DRINKING

I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE

{November 1982}

ISADORA JONES WAS ANGRY.

To say she had been angry over the last few months was an understatement but this time her anger was directed towards her Mum, who had decided it was time to pack up their lives and move to Hawkins, Indiana, the town where she had grown up as a child. As Isadora threw some books into a nearby box, her childhood best friend jumped backwards, narrowly avoiding being hit by the flying books.

"Isadora, I know you're upset, but can you please stop slamming things around?" Daniel Miller asked her.

"Why are you even here?" Isadora asked, as she stopped throwing books into the box and turned to look at the boy, who folded his arms across his chest and cautiously watched as the blonde threw more books into the box.

"I came to help you pack, Dory," Daniel finally told her, making Isadora scoff as she stalked back over to her bookshelf and grabbed more books.

"Yeah, I'm sure that's why you're here and it has absolutely nothing to do with Mum asking you to come and check up on me," Isadora retorted. Daniel watched his best friend and hesitated, wanting to tell her that everyone was worried about her and just wanted to make sure that she was okay, but he was also worried she would lash out at him if he said anything, but he knew she needed to know the truth.

"Dory, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. I know you have been going through a lot but you haven't been yourself, especially not lately. You've been acting like ... honestly you've been acting like kind of a bitch lately," Daniel hesitantly told her. Almost immediately, Isadora dropped the books she had been holding and spun around to face Daniel.

"Stop telling me what a bitch I am. Seriously, lately all you've done is told me I'm a bitch, so why the hell are you still here if I am such an awful person to be around?" Isadora snapped.