16 | Girls Night

💔💔

💔💔

YOU REALLY WANT TO HEAR THAT STORY?

"ALRIGHT, WE HAVE SNACKS, DRINKS AND MOVIES

"ALRIGHT, WE HAVE SNACKS, DRINKS AND MOVIES. ANYTHING ELSE?"

"No, I think we're all set," Hazel said, as Kendra looked over to where Isadora had just set down a bowl of chips and watched as the blonde chewed thoughtfully on her fingernail as she studied the set-up on the coffee table. Isadora slowly nodded before she walked over to join Kendra and Hazel on the couch, the three girls having decided to have a girl's night and Isadora was glad for her friends' company. After everything that had happened at the school dance and then the party, Isadora had only been leaving the house for school but had finally agreed to having a girls' night at her house tonight.

"How have you been, Isa?" Kendra asked.

"Yeah, fine," Isadora shrugged, making Hazel and Kendra look at each other. Steve and Hazel had ended up telling Kendra what had happened at the party and in turn, Kendra had told them the truth about the school dance. Isadora hardly even spoke to anyone anymore and barely answered questions in class and Hazel and Kendra, having both been worried about her, had decided to suggest a girls' night in hopes it would help cheer their best friend up.

"You're still upset," Kendra said.

"Yeah, of course I'm upset, Kendra. I was really starting to like Billy, to ... to fall for him and then he went and turned me into a game. I should've known from the beginning that I was just going to get hurt. You were right and so was Steve," Isadora said.

"None of us wanted to be right, Isa," Hazel said softly. Kendra looked towards Isadora, who grabbed another carrot stick and shrugged as she took a bite into it before acknowledging Hazel.

"I know."

"Isa, can I ask why did you even listen to Amanda, who has been trying to keep you away from Billy since the moment you two started working on the project together. I mean she was clearly trying to break you and Billy up," Kendra said. Isadora didn't say anything as she flicked through the VCRs sitting in a pile in front of her before nodding as she landed on Grease and she handed the movie to Kendra, who nodded, "Grease, good choice. I know that movie always makes you feel better."