43 | The Upside Down

💔💔

💔💔

THIS PLACE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE HAWKINS, ONLY CREEPIER.

FLASHES OF RED LIT UP THE SKY.

Isadora slowed to a stop for a moment and watched as the sky turned red before she looked towards Billy as the two of them ran as fast as they could to find where Steve and their friends had gone. Isadora had no idea what they were to expect but they soon found Steve, and Isadora stopped running as she saw the bats attacking him.

"Steve!" Kendra cried, as she hurried towards Steve and Isadora watched in horror as the bats focused their attention on the group, and the blonde pulled Billy's jacket off and used it to protect herself.

"Here, Is, try this instead," Billy said, as he passed her a stick he'd found lying nearby. Isadora nodded as she tied the jacket around her waist and then used to stick to knock a bat away from Steve, who turned to look at her.

"Hi there, Steve. We thought you might need some back-up," Isadora grinned and Billy watched his girlfriend in admiration, as she hit another bat with the stick, strands of her blonde hair covering her face as she looked up and saw the flashes of red lighting up the sky.

"Is, watch out!" Billy yelled, as a bat flew towards Isadora and bit into her, and Billy hurried to help her, grabbing the bat that was attacking her and tearing it half with his bare hands.

"Thank you," Isadora nodded before noticing Steve biting one of the bats that had been attacking him and as the bat died, Isadora saw the blood dripping from his mouth and she grimaced.

"Are you okay, Love?" Billy asked, as he gently put a hand on Isadora's back and she turned her attention towards him.

"Yeah, I'm okay, I think. Thank you for helping me," Isadora smiled at him.

"I think is not very reassuring, but I'll always help you, Is," Billy said, as he kissed her forehead.

"I promise I'm fine," Isadora said.

"You're bleeding, Steve," Kendra said from behind them and Isadora turned to see Kendra was running her fingers over Steve's stomach.

"Are you okay?" Isadora asked, as she and Billy joined their friends.