13 | Missing Girl

💔💔

💔💔

SHE HAS TO COME HOME SOON.

ISADORA HAD STILL NOT SHOWN UP BY THE NEXT MORNING

Steve had gone to her house first thing in the morning and when there had been no answer after he had knocked on the front door, he had made his way around the house until he managed to find an unlocked door and once inside her house, he had looked around but had found it was completely empty. Frustrated, he left her house and then drove to Kendra's house to pick her up.

"Hi," Kendra nodded as she got into the car before noticing it was only Steve in the car and she sighed softly, "Isa wasn't home?"

"No, and I'm worried about her," Steve said. Kendra stayed silent as she looked down at her hands and thought about the last time Isadora had disappeared right around Christmas 1983 and no one had heard from her for ages.

"The last time she disappeared was right after her Mum had died —"

"I know. That was right after the lab accident and she disappeared for days," Steve said. Kendra nodded as she looked out the window and sighed softly. No one had known where Isadora had gone, not until Ellie Hopper had been the one to find her. As they arrived at the school, Steve parked the car and the two of them got out and made their way into the school together before spotting Hazel and making their way over to her.

"Hi, Isa isn't with you?" Hazel asked them. Kendra and Steve shook their heads as they joined Hazel by her locker.

"No, she wasn't at her house this morning," Steve said.

"Has Billy shown his face yet? Right now he might be the only person who knows where Isadora might be hiding," Kendra said.

"No, I haven't seen him," Hazel said.

"You really think Billy could know where she is?" Steve asked Kendra.

"It's possible, although after what happened at the dance, I don't know," Kendra said. Steve didn't say anything as the three of them made their way to homeroom, hoping their best friend would show up but Isadora didn't arrive for homeroom and it was so unlike her to skip school, so when she hadn't shown up by lunchtime, Hazel, Kendra and Steve were all worried.