35 | Goodbyes

💔💔

💔💔

I HATE GOODBYES.

{OCTOBER 1985}

{OCTOBER 1985}

IT HAD BEEN JUST OVER THREE MONTHS SINCE THE EVENTS THAT HAD TAKEN PLACE IN STARCOURT MALL.

Isadora and Billy had moved into their new house together and had slowly been making it their own, and they had been spending a lot of time together decorating the house or taking Milo for walks by the lake, going on dates, or spending time with their friends and Isadora had fallen more in love with Billy. Despite spending a lot of time together, Isadora and Billy had never spoken about the events that happened on July Fourth, and Isadora had certainly never spoken to Billy or anyone else about the guilt she felt about Laura's death. Every night when she went to sleep, she replayed that moment in her mind and she wished there had been something more she could have done to stop Laura or to save her from the Mind Flayer. The Fourth of July had changed their lives completely and today everything was changing again, as Isadora and Kendra were preparing to say goodbye to Hazel, who was moving to California with Will, Jonathan, Eleven and Joyce. After everything that had happened at Starcourt Mall and after Hopper's death, Joyce had decided she could no longer stay in Hawkins, and Hazel decided she was ready for a fresh start too, although Isadora hated the fact that she had to say goodbye to her best friend and on her birthday as well.

"Has Ellie made a decision yet?" Billy asked, as Isadora poured herself a bowl of cereal.

"Last I heard, she was still torn about whether she was planning to stay in Hawkins or move to California. When I spoke to her the other day, she was also considering moving to New York to live with her Mum. I know she wants to be in Hawkins to be close to her friends and to Max, but she also wants to be with her family in California. I guess I'll find out today what she decided," Isadora said, as she grabbed the bottle of milk out of the fridge and poured it over her cereal. As she put the milk away, she noticed Billy was sneaking Milo a treat and Isadora raised her eyebrow as she watched him, "William, you said you weren't going to keep feeding him treats."

"Since when do you call me William?" Billy asked her.

"Really, that's what you got from that?" Isadora rolled her eyes at him before continuing, "Anyway, I know you've been sneaking him treats and I'm fine with him being fed treats occasionally, but I have seen you reward his bad behaviour a few times. You're going to teach him bad habits."