𝟎𝟏 - 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑴𝑰𝑻𝑴𝑬𝑵𝑻

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊ ┊ ┊ ✿
┊ ┊ ❁⋆
┊ ๑ ┊
✾ ⋆ ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟎𝟏
—the commitment

✧˚    ✫     ˚ .      ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚          .  
˚      ⋆. ·    +          ˚*     ˚

Life.

On the one hand it is unbelievably beautiful and on the other hand it is disgustingly horrible. You never know what may come your way and yet you try to enjoy every single moment.

One surprise after the other. One happy moment and then the next low point. It is a true roller coaster ride.

This is also the case for Cayetana González López. A girl who has not pretended to be herself to this day. She has always worked hard for her dream, not letting herself be deceived by the appearance of fame. A point that, as González López in Spain, is difficult to maintain, especially when your own brother is gaining more and more fame throughout the country.

Pedro Gonzáles López, also known as Pedri for short, an aspiring superstar in the football league and her older brother. This fact did not make her life itself uninteresting, but that was exactly how she wanted to keep it. Uninteresting and normal.

On the contrary to him, she herself was not blessed with such a talent, instead the Spaniard fought for almost her whole life to realize her dream. And now, finally, an end seems to be in sight. Whereby probably rather an end before a new beginning.

The bewilderment was written all over her face. Again and again she skimmed the text to be sure that she could not misinterpret a word. Realization struck and the girl took her eyes off the computer screen.

"Mamá!"

It was the first word that left her mouth as soon as she jumped up from her chair and stormed out of the room.

"Mamá!"

Her mother, who had just been busy cleaning out the dishwasher, raised her head at the sound of her only daughter's excited voice.

"For God's sake, Cayetana," she gave out as soon as she could assess the situation.
"What's wrong?"

Without answering, the addressed threw herself around her mother's neck.

"I was accepted, mamá. I have been accepted to the Universitat de Barcelona."

Now her mother also shared the same joy and hugged her more tightly.

"This is incredible, Caye. I am so proud of you, even though I knew from the beginning that you would make it left-handed. After all, you are a González López."

That was true; she was, after all, the mother of one of the greatest young talents in Spanish soccer, as well as that of a first-class chef. So it was no wonder that the dreams of the youngest in the family were now coming true.

A dream that now opened more doors and would lead to a move, because Cayetana and Adriana González López were currently living separately from the rest of the family. While their father Lorenzo and oldest brother Fernando supported Pedri in Barcelona, the two of them still lived in Tegueste. A village on the Canary Island of Tenerife.

Family has always come first, which also meant that the well-being of the children and their dreams have always been a priority.

When Pedri's career really took off and he signed a contract with the Las Palmas club, the family was separated. Cayetana had been 14 years old at the time and, in addition to her social environment, would have lost her place in her private school. A school that had helped her to now get her scholarship.

It had been a hard but probably the best decision. However, the family bond never broke during those years, but became stronger than ever. There weren't many meetings between Cayetana and her brothers, but she still kept in touch with them as often as she could with video calls and exchanging news via messages.
There was also hardly a game of Pedri that she had not followed over the tv.

Her goal, however, was to be accepted at the University of Barcelona to pursue her bachelor's degree in physiotherapy. If she wasn't going to be a professional soccer player, she at least wanted to be part of a team at some point, even if only behind the line.

"I can't believe it. Finally," the brown-haired girl brought forth as she tried to break away from her mother. The latter apparently never wanted to let go of her daughter from her embrace again.

"I have to call Pedri and Fer to tell them right away, but in order to do that you have to release me."

As soon as Maria lowered her arms, Cayetana was already on her way up to her room, where she reached for her phone and dialed the top number.

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩
𝑷𝑯𝑶𝑵𝑬 𝑪𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑷𝑬𝑫𝑹𝑰
✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

"Hello, Cayetana?"

"Pedri I think you need to adjust to the fact that from now on I will always yell your name loudly from the front row and not just from home from the sofa"

"Don't fuck with me. Did you make it? Did you get in?"

"Of course I got in, what do you think. So we'll be able to move to Barcelona this summer"

"That's incredible. I can't wait..."

"Thank you hermano"

"No really. I'm proud of you sisterheart"

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

[...]

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

𝑨𝑼𝑻𝑯𝑶𝑹𝑺 𝑵𝑶𝑻𝑬

The first chapter. It is a bit shorter than the others, but I can promise the next chapters will be longer. I always try to write chapters around 1'500 words, because it is a suitable length for me.
The beginning is probably not the most exciting, but I hope you like it!

Also, I'm not 100% sure how exactly the father of Pedri is called - should someone know something more than me, I would be happy about more, unknown to me, information :)

If you find any mistakes I'm always happy to be pointed out, since it's not my native language.

See you soon <3

❛ 𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒂 ༉‧₊˚✧