𝟔𝟎 - 𝑹𝑬𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑵𝑶𝑹𝑴𝑨𝑳𝑰𝑻𝒀

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊ ┊ ┊ ✿
┊ ┊ ❁⋆
┊ ๑ ┊
✾ ⋆ ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟔𝟎
—returning normality

✧˚    ✫     ˚ .      ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚          .  
˚      ⋆. ·    +          ˚*     ˚

1 month later; june 2023

"Are you sure you don't want me to bring you anything to eat?" she repeated the question, her eyebrow raised.

"I don't think they have anything I could eat without throwing it right back up," came the reply that made Cayetana roll her eyes.

"Thank you Diego for that great information," she crossed her legs on the chair and sat up to watch him try to straighten up as well.

"Do you want some ice at least? Or ice water? I mean it's damn hot in here," she started a new attempt, but he waved it off this time as well.

"I'm well taken care of. Don't worry about it and enjoy dinner. You only have two more weeks before you have to eat only American food, after all," he gave her a grin and she just sighed.

"Alright, but if you do need something, just text me, okay?" she said as she bent down to pick up her purse from the floor.

"Unless you can bring the ocean into my room, or at least the sunshine, then there will be nothing," he ventured a glance out the window, clearly longing to finally leave the hospital once again.

The last four weeks had been up and down. Cayetana had spent every free minute in the hospital.
It had taken three days for Diego to wake up, in full panic, not knowing what had happened.

The first week was the most difficult, not only did he have to have more surgeries, but he also had to adjust to how the next time would go.

Several complicated bone fractures, a cranial brain trauma, bruised organs along with a ruptured spleen. It would take a lot of time to relearn everything to get back to a normal life.

At first he didn't want to talk about the accident, had lain there in silence for days, staring holes in the ceiling. He had been given the time he needed. It had been visibly difficult for him to have to relive the events.

It had been the evening when he had found out that Carla had cheated on him, or rather that he had found someone else in her bed with her.

He hadn't let her explain, had gotten on his motorcycle and had simply ridden blind with rage through the area.

On the highway, he had wanted to overtake a car, but at that moment it had swerved, throwing him off balance, which was the reason why he had lost control of the machine and crashed in the curve.

What exactly had happened he could not explain. He had still felt how the motorcycle slid away from under him, after that everything was dark.

Carla herself had actually appeared once when he was still in a coma, had greeted no one, and disappeared again as quickly as she had arrived.