𝟑𝟎 - 𝑪𝑨𝑼𝑮𝑯𝑻

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟑𝟎
—caught

✧˚   ✫     ˚ .     ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚ .  
˚     ⋆. ·    +    ˚*     ˚

It had now been more than a week since she had last seen Pablo. She tried to convince herself that there was something good about it, at least he could concentrate fully on football.

Since at the moment all the signs were that they would not even reach the knockout stage in the Champions League, the training had not been stopped, but once again doubled.

Rest days were rare, although they seemed to need them. Not only once had Cayetana found her brother asleep on the sofa in the morning.

Despite everything, the longing for Pablo continued to grow. She cursed herself, she had made such a fuss at his home and had not enjoyed the time with him more.

The desire to see him was so unbearable that day that she almost begged Ainoa over the phone to take her to work to show her the grounds again.

With enough effort and the most nonsensical arguments, she wrapped her friend around her finger, got her to pick her up and even take her with her.

It seemed to confuse her a bit why she wanted to go to work with her on her day off, but she was satisfied with the statement that she wanted to see Pedri more.

Now Cayetana hadn't considered that Ainoa and her teammates weren't all standing outside watching the training. They were in their own rooms, preparing everything for the players sent to them.

There were no injuries. Everyone was able to play. Of course, a good point for Xavi, but it resulted in Cayetana receiving a tour including explanations, the information of which she could not really store.

Her thoughts circled around the one player who was now so close and yet there was no way to see him. This was still almost the bigger torture than if she had now stayed at home and sulked there.

Hope was abruptly revived, however, when the door was pushed open and a group of players entered the room. Almost immediately, the noise level increased, causing the physical therapists to stop the work they had started.

Among the players were Frenkie de Jong, Ronald Araujo, Ferran Torres and Robert Lewandowski, but neither their brother nor Pablo.

Just as she stood back next to Ainoa, who had called Frenkie over, the rest of the players entered. The last team consisted of Alejandro Balde, Eric Garcia, Pedri and Pablo.

The latter, laughing, had put his arm over Pedri's shoulders until he could detect Cayetana's presence out of the corner of his eye.

The surprise of finding her here was written all over his face. His arm slipped off Pedri's shoulder as he stopped, but before he could realize it further, the four of them were already surrounded by some of Ainoa's work colleagues.

Cayetana shook herself to return her concentration to Frenkie and Ainoa, who was about to ask the player various questions about his condition.

"Damn. Caye, I left the protocol sheets in the locker rooms. Will you get them for me?"

"Hmm? Uh yeah sure. Be right back," she stammered, still not quite with it. His presence was bothering her once again.

Turning on the spot, she felt his burning gaze on her back, sending a shiver through her body.