𝟏𝟗 - 𝑨𝑳𝑳 𝑮𝑶𝑶𝑫 𝑨𝑮𝑨𝑰𝑵?

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏𝟗
—all good again?

✧˚   ✫     ˚ .     ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚ .  
˚     ⋆. ·    +    ˚*     ˚

After dinner together, Cayetana had retired to her room and showered. Feeling fresh again, she went back downstairs where she found Pedri and Pablo on the sofa.

On the television, as she had almost expected, a soccer game was playing. Apparently, the two wanted to watch their arch-rivals, hoping they would lose and, like them, not get any points.

So far it looked good, because Real Madrid was behind with one goal difference.

Without looking any more foolish, she dropped down on the couch next to Pablo, grabbing a pillow to pull over her stomach. A habit from her childhood. Only now she could no longer hide completely behind the pillow.

It was unusually quiet. Pedri seemed like a changed man, because for once he had lain down on the sofa and closed his eyes. The course of the game did not even seem to interest him anymore.

In contrast to Pablo, who could hardly take his eyes off the screen.

Again and again, however, he rubbed the back of his neck, letting his head move back and forth as if something were bothering him.

"Is everything okay with you?" she asked him when she caught him grabbing the back of his neck for the fourth time. Indeed, something seemed wrong.

It surprised him she addressed him, which is why he looked to Pedri to make sure she really meant him.

"Just a little tense, I guess," he answered her while lowering his hand again.
It was obvious that he didn't like to show himself vulnerable.

"Can I take a look at that?"

The confusion on his face became clearer.

"Don't you trust me?"

"Me and trust you?...After I swept you off your feet today?"

He gave a short laugh.

It was a real laugh.

His real laugh.

A beautiful laugh.

Instead of answering him, she slid over to him, careful to glance again at Pedri, who appeared to be fast asleep.

"Go ahead and take that off," she ordered, tugging at his shirt.

He gave her another uncertain look before overcoming his demons and pulling the shirt over his head.

"Is that really necessary?"

Cayetana did not answer, trying too hard to concentrate on hiding the sudden trembling of her hands.

After her soccer retirement, she had taken on the role of nurse in the family, which had eventually brought her closer to her dream of becoming a physical therapist.

If she couldn't play herself, she wanted to help others get back on their feet and keep their dreams from being shattered.

She had actually learned a lot over the Internet, wrote to various physiotherapists to ask for tips when one of her brothers had injured himself again.