𝟏𝟓 - 𝑬𝑨𝑽𝑬𝑺𝑫𝑹𝑶𝑷

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊ ┊ ┊ ✿
┊ ┊ ❁⋆
┊ ๑ ┊
✾ ⋆ ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏𝟓
—eavesdrop

✧˚    ✫     ˚ .      ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚          .  
˚      ⋆. ·    +          ˚*     ˚

Flushed with relief, she left the office, quietly pulling the door shut behind her back so she could lean against it.

She remained in this position for a few seconds to collect herself. Breathed deeply in and out.

The joy was there, but the fear of all the pressure that would come upon her still got to her.

As soon as she had collected herself enough, she pushed herself off the door with her elbows to go in search of Ainoa.

The girl had not come with her, but she had accompanied her to her father's office.

While she hadn't been able to stay, after all she had a job to do, she would definitely not be happy to hear the good news on a phone call.

Her way to the multi-sports hall, where the physiotherapists' and doctors' rooms were located, led her past the locker rooms.

The door was wide open and voices could be heard. There was no buzz of voices, which meant that the majority of the players were still at practice.

Against the sinking feeling in her stomach that told her to stay out of it, she decided to wait. Especially for the reason that the voices seemed familiar to her.

"Just don't read through this shit. Most of the people who write these comments have no idea what they're saying. You can't take it to heart because that's what they want. Your self-confidence is supposed to suffer so that they are then right with their statements."

This was clearly Ansu, who had apparently taken on the role of psychiatrist.

"They are already right..."

"No way. You see, you already seem insecure. It's not them who decide who gets nominated. You just have more talent than their idols, and they can't deal with that fact, which is why they spread hate out of sheer desperation."

"They all have talent and probably none of them has just had such a bad training, even more so before the first day of the league."

"Xavi is just stressed. He doesn't want us to have another bad season like last year. He's under pressure and just picks someone to harass in every training session until he likes his performance again. I mean I was it last week. Did you already forgotten?"

"If you say so, but I feel like I'm starting to not live up to all the expectations."

"That'll be fine. You just can't lose your confidence now because of those few comments, or they might still be right. But now off to the physio with you, so that you can give everything again tomorrow and at least meet Xavi's requirements."

That would have been Cayetana's signal to go away, but Ansu was standing in front of her faster than expected.

Caught off guard, she stared at the footballer, who returned her surprised look.

"Hey Caye. Important conversation had, huh?"

It had been clear that Pedri would not keep his mouth shut and the news would spread faster than wildfire.