𝟐𝟒 - 𝑺𝑻𝑨𝑹𝑹𝒀 𝑺𝑲𝒀

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟐𝟒
—starry sky

✧˚   ✫     ˚ .     ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚ .  
˚     ⋆. ·    +    ˚*     ˚

Almost nothing could be heard except for the rushing water and some cars driving on the road far away from them.

There wasn't much going on, which was understandable considering it was late in the evening on a Sunday. Most people in Barcelona were working the next day, ready to start a new week.

To dare a new beginning and to contest it, no matter how shitty the last week had been.

A new beginning. This was probably also the case for Cayetana.

The brunette lay next to Pablo in the sand. Her head rested on his outstretched arm while they looked silently into the night sky.

The sky was cloudless. It was a clear night, with a breathtaking view of the many stars and the moon.

Forever Cayetana could just watch this wonderful spectacle of nature and look for shooting stars.

The endless expanse of the universe was beautiful on one side, but almost eerie on the other.

Briefly, her gaze wandered to Pablo, whose chest rose and fell regularly.

They had hardly spoken much more after the renewed kiss. There would be all the more things that had to be addressed, but they did not seem ready for it.

Neither of them wanted to open their mouths and destroy the pleasant atmosphere with anything — for that a new week would bring them enough time.

When he probably noticed that their attention was now on him instead of, as the time before on the starry sky, he turned his head to her.

Once again their eyes met, saying more than either of them could probably describe in words.
It was impossible to resist, so Cayetana disconnected them by focusing on the straps of his hoodie.

While she began to fiddle with the ribbons, full of concentration, the first words in a long time left her lips.

"Do you really not know how to tie your shoes, or are you always playing with your laces open as a joke?"

Her question was so out of character with the moment they just shared, and yet it made him smile.

"If you only knew how many people have asked me that —" he began as he followed the movements of her fingers busy forming a bow with his laces.

"— but I know very well how to tie my shoes. I just never used to do it and I found out at some point that I play better that way, so I didn't really start doing it in the first place."

Her eyebrow went up in amusement before she let the finished bow slip from her fingers.
"So you like to play with the risk that if someone steps on it, it could knock you on your face?"

He chuckled.

"So far, it's never happened in a game, so I'm going to believe that it will continue to give me true superpowers."

Superpowers, well he certainly had them, but whether they came from his unlaced shoes was up for debate.

»»----- ✦ -----««