𝟒𝟒 - 𝑩𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑯𝑫𝑨𝒀

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊ ┊ ┊ ✿
┊ ┊ ❁⋆
┊ ๑ ┊
✾ ⋆ ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟒𝟒
—birthday

✧˚    ✫     ˚ .      ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚          .  
˚      ⋆. ·    +          ˚*     ˚

"Go ahead, open it."

Ainoa clapped both her hands, her gaze fixed more on the gift on Cayetana's thighs than on her still stunned friend.

No wonder, since she had hardly slept much that night, and then when she had finally been able to close her eyes, too few hours passed — in her opinion — before Ainoa had bursted into the room.

A bottle of champagne in one hand and a gift box in the other.

Normally, life would have rushed into her more quickly, but she still sat leaning against the headboard of the bed with the bedspread pressed against her torso, which was barely to nothing covered by clothing.

The situation was a lot more amusing considering Pablo, who himself still looked as if he had seen a ghost.

Apparently, knowing that the two girls were very close friends was not enough to expect that one of them to burst into the hotel room in the wee hours of the morning, which she had also left the night before for a reason.

Stifling a yawn, Cayetana looked at the wrapped box, trying to simply banish the feeling of shame. There was nothing Ainoa didn't know, or rather hadn't seen, but in most cases her partner of the night was no longer in the same bed when she showed up.

"I'll give you 5 more seconds before I unwrap it myself," Ainoa repeated herself, finally raising her head and giving her a demanding look.

This girl was impatience personified.

Pulling the gift closer to her to keep it from her friend's nimble fingers made Ainoa grin even wider.

Within seconds, the box was free of the paper. More wrapped, smaller gifts were revealed.

Each one had a photo of the two of them or a miniature envelope stuck on it, which made the gift that much more personal.

"You don't have to open them all now, but this one you have to—" she tapped one of the gifts. "— it is one of the most important ones for today."

No sooner said than done.

Now Pablo had also recovered from his shock stupor and had moved closer to her so that he could take a look over her shoulder while she unwrapped.

To be honest, she hardly dared to look at him. It sounded silly, but knowing that he had seen how much her legs had shaken during the night and how they had barely been able to carry her to the bathroom played with her pride.

Maybe it was because she had made him wait so long and hadn't taken his words seriously, but maybe it was also because that heat would sprout up in her again right away if she looked into those brown eyes.