𝟐𝟏 - 𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑺𝑶𝑵𝑨𝑩𝑳𝑬 𝑷𝑨𝑺𝑻𝑰𝑴𝑬 🔞

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟐𝟏
—reasonable pastime

✧˚   ✫     ˚ .     ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚ .  
˚     ⋆. ·    +    ˚*     ˚

content warning: smut

The gut feeling that she had had had not disappointed her. It was almost as if their relationship had never improved.

Pablo was acting like the biggest asshole again, if not even more than before.

Even though she had seen him a few times after her recovery, he didn't greet her, didn't even give her a single glance. It was as if she didn't exist.

This behavior was more hurtful than she would have expected. It made the resentment she had harbored against him rise again.

Especially because of the reason that it bothered her at all, how he treated her.

Cayetana knew what it was like to have feelings for a person. She also knew how it felt when the other person didn't return them, quite well in fact.

She had also been subconsciously aware that she might have developed feelings for him.

Feelings she had wanted to suppress, also because of Diego.

So she had reached the point where she decided to flip the switch and try again to turn off the feelings completely and face him with the same callousness as he did her. He didn't deserve any more.

It had been stupid to get his hopes up. Especially after their bad start, but those rare moments when his wall seemed to have gaps in it had made her cling to the smallest spark of hope.

It was Friday again. It had been exactly one week and one day since she had woken up with the stomach bug, and she was feeling great again.

Her mood wasn't quite at rock bottom anymore.
There would be too many good reasons for her not to be in a bad mood.

For one thing, Pedri had once again invited some of his team members, including Ansu, Alejandro and Ferran.

And for another, Diego would be paying her a visit tonight, after his study session, which she was particularly looking forward to.

The two González siblings knew just what to do, when both parents were not home one evening.

Diego was punctually at the front door, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment.

He was not really comfortable being in the same house as world-famous footballers. This was not his world, just as Cayetana's was not.

Maybe that's why they complemented each other so well.

She had not seen any of the other guests since the greeting a few hours ago.

So she even did not know where they were, but apparently did not want the company of a girl — how ironic.

Diego was led by her to her room upstairs, where she dropped onto the bed and waited for him to join her.

"You're sure I'm welcome here?" the brown-haired man asked, dropping onto the edge of the bed in a rather reserved manner.