𝟎𝟓 - 𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑫𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑴𝑬𝑺 𝑩𝑬𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑭𝑨𝑳𝑳

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊ ┊ ┊ ✿
┊ ┊ ❁⋆
┊ ๑ ┊
✾ ⋆ ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟎𝟓
—pride comes before the fall

✧˚    ✫     ˚ .      ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚          .  
˚      ⋆. ·    +          ˚*     ˚

With 'Get to know every body' one could have expected many things but not a barbecue in one's own garden. Well, at least Pedri took her words to heart and didn't drag her to a public place.

"For the last time. It's just a quiet evening among friends and not my secret move to endear you to them. It should be a celebration to welcome Mama and you to Barcelona."

Cayetana, who had taken a seat on the kitchen island, did not take her eyes off her brother, who was pacing up and down in front of her. Not even when she took a sip of her coffee. No matter how many times he repeated it, she didn't want to believe him.

"There would be other ways to do that, wouldn't there? Besides, I've made it clear to you that I don't want to be dragged into that world."

He sighed.

"Now, act a little mature and go freshen up. Fer should be showing up soon and he'll be making good use of the kitchen space," said the dark-haired man, who was just taking the last plate out of the dishwasher to put it away like the others. "Besides, you really should drink less of that stuff. You're active enough as it is."

That was enough for her. Rolling her eyes, she hopped down from the kitchen island and emptied her cup. Placing the dirty cup in the sink, she gave him another challenging look before leaving the kitchen without another word.

Living with him again was more of a challenge than she had thought, but from his ever-shortening thread of patience, it was easy to see that Pedri also found the whole situation exhausting.

Sibling love, after all.

»»----- ✦ -----««

Just in time, when the first bell rang, not only Cayetana was ready, but also the rest of the family had finished with the preparations. As already suspected, Fernando, together with her father, had taken care of the food, while her mother and Pedri had taken care of the garden.

For the youngest there had been no task, except to keep quiet and not to get in anyone's way. It had worked perfectly, but now her presence was required, so she looked at herself in the mirror one last time and took a deep breath.

It could hardly be as bad as she thought. After all, it was only a few of her brother's friends. Half as bad, right?

The buzz of voices in the hallway grew louder as soon as she came down the stairs. Strained trying to seem friendly. She succeeded as soon as she caught sight of the first visitors. Among them some faces, from which she knew actually also still no names.

"Caye, this is Ferran, Pablo and Ronald," Pedri began to introduce them to her in turn, nodding to each person.

"Pleased to meet you, or rather, to meet you in person," she greeted the three footballers, but refrained from commenting on the second Pablo. In addition to Pablo Gavira, of whom fortunately there was still no trace, there was also Pablo Torre. A newcomer to the first team of FC Barcelona.