𝟏𝟒 - 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑵𝑶𝑴𝑰𝑵𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊ ┊ ┊ ✿
┊ ┊ ❁⋆
┊ ๑ ┊
✾ ⋆ ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏𝟒
—the nomination

✧˚    ✫     ˚ .      ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚          .  
˚      ⋆. ·    +          ˚*     ˚

The heat that poured into the González' house was unbearable, despite the closed blinds. It would be the perfect day to find a place for a refreshing cool down.

This was definitely one of the hottest summers Cayetana had experienced.

The girl sat on one of the stools in front of the kitchen island, pushing food back and forth in front of her with her fork.

Fernando, who was visiting once again, tossed the kitchen towel over his shoulder.
With a raised eyebrow, he watched his sister.

"Doesn't it taste good?"

The cook was clearly not pleased with the way she was listlessly playing with his cooked food.

She paused in her movement, putting her fork down on the table.

"It's not that. You know exactly how much I like your dishes, but I'm not hungry. Too nervous before the talk today."

"You'll be fine, and even if they can't offer you an internship, I guarantee you'll find another job. Eventually you'll be admitted for sure, only if you keep giving it your all though."

Grateful for his words, she managed a smile.

He was right, but she didn't know how she would handle a rejection. Never before had something not worked out the way she wanted it to, at least as far as her career was concerned.
This would be a real setback that she would have to wrestle with for a long time.

"Thanks Fer," she brought out as he placed his hand on her head encouragingly, messing up her hair.

"No problem, kiddo."

At the same moment, Pedri came running into the kitchen. His eyes positively sparkled with enthusiasm.
No wonder he didn't notice the mood that prevailed.

"He was actually nominated. Not that I ever doubted it, but now it's official," he announced as he went to get a plate.

"You can have hers. The little lady has no appetite," Fer stopped him from scooping himself a portion.

Cayetana, too busy to understand his words, half-heartedly pushed the plate over to him.

"Who was nominated where?" she asked him as soon as he sat down next to her. Even though she already had a feeling in which direction it would go, she wanted to get confirmation first.

Pedri pulled out his phone to hold it under her nose. Now Fernando's curiosity was also aroused, so he stood behind his younger siblings and looked over their shoulders.

Apparently he realized it first.

"Well I had no doubt about that. The kid plays incredible."

Cayetana said nothing but stared silently at the screen. The video of the nominees for the Kopa Trophy played a second time and, as expected, Gavi's name came up in fourth place, along with other familiar names like Jamal Musiala, Jude Bellingham and Eduardo Camavinga.

"Do you have to rub his mug in my face already in the morning?" she began, pushing his phone away.

"Now he has to win first, then you can gloat," she then said as soon as he put his phone back in his pocket to get back to eating.