𝟏𝟕 - 𝑨 𝑫𝑨𝑻𝑬 𝑾𝑰𝑻𝑯 𝑨 𝑺𝑼𝑹𝑷𝑹𝑰𝑺𝑬

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟏𝟕
—a date with a surprise

✧˚   ✫     ˚ .     ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚ .  
˚     ⋆. ·    +    ˚*     ˚

Punctuality was one of Cayetana's strengths. Rarely were there moments when her fellow human beings had to wait for her to appear.

It was one of those strengths that she often liked to rub in her family's face, because she clearly hadn't inherited it.

For her, there were hardly any worse scenarios than showing up somewhere too late.
A true childhood trauma that still haunted her to this day.

Once in high school she had not heard her alarm. In the middle of a lesson she also had to knock on the door of her classroom and explain to everyone that she had overslept.

Since that day, she checked every alarm more than once to be absolutely sure that it would really ring the next day.

It was also exactly 11:00 o'clock when she stepped in front of the gate and watched the car just coming towards her.

She already recognized it, let her remember the day Diego had dropped her off at home.

The car came to a stop next to her and Diego opened the passenger side door so she could get in.

That gesture alone was enough to make her forget her brother's words. It didn't take much to impress her, unfortunately. Which was probably due to today's generation.

"Hey and thank you," she greeted her date.

As soon as she sat down, there was already a smile on her lips. She no longer felt nervous, after all, the two had already had enough physical contact, even if they hardly knew each other.

"How are you?" he asked her after greeting her, while he started the engine and drove off. Apparently, he didn't want to create an awkward silence.

Unlike punctuality, making small talk was not one of Cayetana's strengths.

"Quite well, actually. Except for the point that I don't know what to do with my life anymore because I'm so bored," she answered his question, not taking her eyes off him.

His gaze was on the street the whole time. His one hand placed on his thigh, the other tightly gripping the steering wheel. It was the first time she noticed the rings that adorned his fingers.

"There you have once free and already do not know what to do? ", he asked, amused.
Seemed not to want to understand.

It may not have sounded understandable, but until that summer, Cayetana had done everything she could to achieve what she wanted. She had studied for countless hours to get the best grades.
The time off she had received now was unusual.

"I don't want to complain. That would be complaining at the highest level, but it just feels like everyone around me has a job to do and is doing their job and then I come in. I sleep all morning, stay up way too late for that, and mess up my whole sleep rhythm. To sum it up I'm the opposite of a help to my family."

"Why did you move to Barcelona so early if you don't know what to do with your time anyway?"

"Because of my family, of course. I didn't want to be the reason we lived apart any longer - even though my mother had done it of her own free will and had always supported me, it hadn't been easy to see how sad she had seemed at times".