𝟓𝟎 - 𝑺𝑯𝑨𝑲𝑬𝑵 𝑾𝑶𝑹𝑳𝑫

┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊
┊         ┊       ┊   ┊ ˚❀ ⋆。˚❃
┊         ┊       ┊   ✿
┊         ┊       ❁⋆
┊ ๑      ┊
✾ ⋆       ┊. ˚.
˚✽

𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝟓𝟎
—shaken world

✧˚   ✫     ˚ .     ⋆. ·    +˚*     ˚ .  
˚     ⋆. ·    +    ˚*     ˚

The days flew by. Which was not so hard to imagine, not when one could be on the other side of the world and spend the hours of the day lying on the beach, eating fresh coconut and just living a normal life.

It was the penultimate day before heading back to Spain. The weather was wonderful as always, only rarely a small cloud pushed in front of the sun and gave shade to the bathers on the beach.

"And you think you're going to get through this?", Pablo didn't really seem too convinced about his girlfriend's Christmas plan, sitting cross-legged on the front part of the deck chair.

"I'll be dead tired, but I guarantee I won't regret it," she once again reinforced her plan as she pulled her hair to a single side.

"So this is going to be a long period of time before we see each other again," Pablo commented, sitting behind her, beginning to rub the sunscreen on her now exposed back.

His words triggered a stabbing pain in her chest. Swallowing empty, she tried to free her throat from the lump that was taking her breath away.

As planned, on the same day that she would land back in Barcelona, in the evening she would already take the next plane that would take her to the Canary Islands, more precisely to Tenerife, to spend the holidays until the first of January with her entire family.

It had already been too long since she had set foot on the island and even if her life could hardly be better since she had landed in Barcelona a few months ago, she missed her village and its inhabitants.

What she hadn't planned for was the fact that on January 2 she would already start her studies and from then on there would be more commitments in her life again. Which, on the other hand, meant that she would see less of Pablo, who would be back on the field regularly as early as December 31.

"At the latest on —," she stopped in mid-sentence as she began to realize. "— Oh God you're still flying to Riyadh for the SuperCup and before that you don't have another game in Barcelona. That's going to be a whole month."

"That's what I meant about it being a long time," he replied as soon as he was done with the sunscreen so she could turn to face him. Still stunned that she hadn't noticed sooner.

"I curse you and your career aspirations," she growled, dropping against his torso to curl up in his comforting arms. "But I'll make sure to follow every game, even though I should certainly be sticking my nose into school material at that point."

He laughed softly. It wasn't really a happy laugh, but that's how he tried not to let on that he was feeling the same thing right now.

"Anyway, as soon as I get back to Spain, I'm going to head to you right away and see how you're doing mentally with all the pressure and make sure you're doing something other than studying."