Epiphany

Lizzie POV

„Well you were gone all the time and you basically dedicated your life to work. You are literally married to it." I added as we argued and he rolled his eyes on me.

„Me? I was never so possessed by work as you were. Oh and don't get me started on the side fucks You had with Nora!! I feel like she was the one who screwed your mind."

„Not Just her mind." scar mumbled and Lizzie ignored her for once.

„The slutty professor!!"

„Oh come one get over it. You aren't that innocent either Robbie!!"

„You think I had any other options? I am a man who needs this."

„Are you fucking kidding me right now? I did some messed up shit too I am not gonna lie about that. But I didn't do the things because I was „desperate" I did them out of..."

„don't you dare say it Elizabeth!!" Robbie pointed at her as he stepped closer.

„I did out of love. At first there was not connection to it but now.. It's true I started to love someone else during our engagement time.. and I never stopped loving her and I never will. She made me realize that you aren't good enough for me. You weren't even doing the bare minimum and she... she did everything and so much more, I feel like she is the one who understands me the most in so many ways and I can't... I can't be your wife any longer. I should have said it before we got married but I thought this was just a „crush" that would fade away.. but it's not. She is the one."
I pored out and he stood there with an hateful expression. After we stood there in silence for a while I felt his hand collide with my face. The harsh slap echoed through the forest that surrounded us.

„Your a bitch. I thought after she left you things would have been different but turns out that she never left your mind. Even after she faked her death... and even now. As she lays there in the hospital bed probably not waking up again. She is still on your mind. I thought if I would have told Victor that his ex faked her death and has his kids he would kill her for good. But he didn't manage it completely."

„Y-you were behind this??"

„Oh hell yes i was. Did you really thought that Victor would have done something this cruel?
He is just a package of muscles. No brain at all.
He was my marionette. Nora was one too. Cause she listened to what I told her and she did this all just to keep you safe. Silly isn't it? It was enough satisfaction for her to know that you are safe and sound instead of following her heart."

„You... you let me go through all this grieving pain the agony and heartbreak?? You were the one who was behind all this fucked up mess?"

„A fucked up mess? No this would have been a masterpiece if Nora wouldn't have been there to see you both. But she couldn't hold her promise. So I had to come up with another plan. I knew this day would come where she'd be back. So I had to bring Victor in. He was out of his mind when he heard the news. Extremely happy. So I told him where she lives and one thing turned to another... and now it looks like we are losing both... Victor and Nora..."

„I'm gonna kill you!!" I whispered so quiet that he didn't hear it.

„I'm sorry dear come again?" he turned his head so I'd talk into his ear a bit.

„I'm gonna kill You!!" I spoke up with rage in my voice and he chuckled not knowing what will come next.

My hand bawled into a fist and i punched him so hard into his face that he fell back.

„You ruined Nora's life!! Just because you weren't able to let me go!! So I can be happy with someone else!! You!!! You did all of this!!" I yelled as i kept on punching him over and over again.

„She deserved it!! Can't you see that she isn't good for you? She is a life sucking bitch. Look at what you have become! What she made you??"

„maybe she pulled out the worst in me!! But she also pulled out the best in me and you never did!!! You were the worst!!!" I kept on hitting until I felt fist collide with my face. I fell back and everything I saw were the trees and the sky.

I heard punches and I know exactly who this was.
Scar took over..

„I never liked you anyway and doing this after decades is like a reward!!" scar told him happily as she kept on hitting him.

„You've ruined so many things. Ever since you stepped foot into Lizzie's life! She is an angel and you never deserved her! You son of a bitch!" she kicked into his stomach as he was crawling up on the ground.

„Lizzie honey you did great but next time I'll show you how to give an uppercut punch instead of a jab alright?" she told me as she walked up on me to check how I was.

„It's always the eye huh? The bruise will definitely brighten up you beautiful green eyes. Can you get up? How many fingers am I holding up?"

„Three?"

„Incorrect! Those are two fingers and one thumb!"

„You're being a smart ass again!" I told her as she helped me up.

„I'm sorry. Let's get you inside. I'll get you a bag of ice and you'll lay down alright." we walked back in together and I slumbered down onto the couch.
She gave me a bag of ice and I placed it onto my eye letting out a small sigh from the pounding pain.

„Did you call the cops?" I asked after I started to hear siren outside.

„Yes! After he slapped you I had to call because I know things would escalate."

„Thank you for doing it and thank you for punching him. You really need to show me how to do it properly."

„I gotta say you did it pretty well.. for the first punch! But I will and I hope you won't have to use those skills ever again. I am glad you called me before he came here. I don't want to find out how things would have turned out if you would have faced you alone." she told me as she stroked over my head to give me comfort.