„What?"

Narrator POV

Nora had so many ups and downs that she lost count on them. She isn't even back for a week and she doesn't want to put up with everything and everyone. Her body is still aching and she feels sluggish. Her arms and legs still feel loose and she hates it that she depends on others.

The scars are still painful even though they have healed. She already looked at them and she hates it.
It makes her feel ugly. Having this scar makes her feel like shit along with other things as well. But she didn't show it to anybody. To no one.

This was always her way of doing it even if it is a bad habit. Everyone has a couple of bad habits and this is one of hers. She already sees those pity eyes of the doctors, nurses and even her close friends.
She hates it but she won't say anything about it.
At least not for now.

„You know that you really fucked up with nurse Olivia right?" she asked Paul and he hummed while putting his head in hand to rub his eyes.

„Yeah I know. But at least I made her laugh. That's a good thing. Did you see her laugh? Did you hear it? Angelic."

„Calm your horses my guy. You are already head over heals for her." Nora warmed him and he raised a brow.

„So? It's okay to fall in love. Besides. You told me to make a move." he argued back.

„I know. Just don't do it to fast. Or you will get hurt." she warned him and he came out of the daydreaming.

„I won't get hurt Nora. I promise." He told her and she smiled faintly.

„Do you always care for other so much?" he asked and she nod.

„More than I do for myself sometimes. I tend to put other peoples needs first."

„I see.. you're a people pleaser."

„Yup sadly I can't remember the last time I was pleased." I joked and he laughed.

„well.. think about that the next time you tend to put other peoples needs first instead of your own. Be a bit selfish sometimes. It's healthy."

„Yeah Paul that is easier said than done. But I have other problems as you see." she wiggled with her cuffed hand and he chuckled.

„Yeah I almost forgot about it. At least you can say now that you got cuffed to a bed." he joked and she gave him that look which said „what if this wasn't my first time being cuffed to a bed?"
and he rolled his eyes on me.

„Nora as much as I like you so far I don't wanna know anything about your sex story's." he whines as if he was disgusted in some way which made Nora laugh really hard.

„Hey I wasn't the one who started this conversation. I won't spill all my secrets boy."
She told him and he huffed out in relief.

A knock on the door disrupted our conversation and Nora spoke up letting them in.

Scar walked in first while holding Cobies hand and she was slightly behind her. Lastly another woman walked in and Nora assumed that this was the lawyer Cobie called.

Shock and confusion crossed their faces as they put the scene together. Nora cuffed to a bed and a man sitting right next to her who was dressed in black.

„Nora? What is going on?" scar asked irritated as she pointed to Paul.

„This is Paul. Paul this is scar, Cobie and?"

„Ruby I will be your lawyer hi." she stretched accidentally the wrong hand out and Nora wiggled with her hand signing that she can't shake hers like this.

„It is Johansson and Smulders for him." scar grumbled in a serious and protective way.

„Scar it's okay he isn't the bad guy here."
Nora tried to tell her but she still had a skeptical expression on her face.

„Who is he then? You know it looks really alarming to me and probably all of us to see you cuffed to a bed with a man in black next to you." she reminded her and only now she realized that they don't know anything about the reason why he is here.

„I am here for Nora's protection." Paul stood up and all three women have him a slight head tilt.

„Protection for what?"

„Someone wanted to k-."

„Paul could you please go out for a moment. That would be great."

„You know I can't. I am not allowed to leave."

„Paul I really don't give a flying fuck about if your allowed to or not. Go for a short walk around the hospital and come back later. I have three women here who are able to protect me if someone wants to touch me again."

„Touch you again? Who touched you without permission anyway???" scar asked loudly with a furious voice and Nora could see the anger growing in her face.

„Okay Paul. That was your cue." and he started to walk out.

„Bye Paul." Cobie waved after him as he closed the door. Scar gave her girlfriend a warning look.

„Okay. If you don't tell me what is going on in the next seconds I will sue this hospital."
Scar huffed out with rage in her voice.

„Spill." she demanded and Nora only saw her this furious during the training session back in the days.
Her anger was mostly build up anger from other things and after they did it she was way relaxeder and calmer. So Nora gave Cobie a glare as if she wanted to say „you gotta take care of that later"

„Robbie was here." Nora dropped the bomb and scar froze for a moment.

„What?" scar asked so quiet that she was hard to hear. As if she lost her voice cracked for a moment from all the emotions that hit her.

„When? How did he even get in here? What did he do?" Cobie asked now as she realized that scar is on the edge of loosing it.

„last night. Around 2 am I think. He can through the window." Nora pointed to the window and they all looked to the window. Ruby walked the window and looked down.

„He climbed all the way up?" she asked surprised and Nora nod.

„Then what?" scar asked now being more present.

„Well he definitely didn't climb up to gossip with me." Nora joked and scar rolled her eyes.

„Nora this isn't the time for jokes."

„Well I can't do anything about it. That's my way of coping." Nora mumbled before she moved on.

„I was asleep. The window was open because I didn't really get any fresh air. He climbed in and..."

„He tried to kill me. He took a pillow and wanted me to suffocate." Nora told them all inconsequential as if it doesn't hurt her.
They all exchanged a short glance and ruby started to grab her note book cause she probably didn't expect it to be this serious.

„I'll be right back." scar whispered as she zoned out for a moment. She let go of Cobies hand fast and walked out leaving the three behind.

„Go look after her. I don't want her to do something she might regret." Nora told Cobie but she was still standing there.

„I said go Cobie. I am fine. Paul will be here any time soon anyways and I need to talk to ruby anyway." she told her and Cobie nod leaving quick to follow scar.

„Looks like you can't even rest properly huh?"

„Yup. I'll probably rest when I am dead."
Nora mumbled jokingly but somehow she still feels like it is true.

Will I ever be able to rest? Is what she asks herself in her mind.