Broken glasses

Lizzie POV

Another day started and I just wanted it to pass by as quick as possible. It was foggy outside and it rained. As I was walking to the kitchen I looked down at my feet and realized I was having Nora's socks on. Her happy socks. With cherries and hearts on them.

She had a lot in her drawer which I didn't expect but I kinda got stuck on them. They are adorable.
I was already dressed and ready to leave to get the kids from school cause I slept in today completely.
It's almost 2 pm and I just woke up an hour ago.
But before I was able to leave the house I got a call from a number I did not recognize.

„Misses Olsen hi here is doctor Wilson. One of Nora Lewis surgeons. We are relieved to tell you that she just woke up an hour ago if you'd like you can come to visit. She asked for her kids so it would be beneficial to bring them in too."
Within seconds I felt like heavy weights got lifted off from my shoulders. I wasn't able to say anything at first because this feels like a dream to me and I doubted that this dream would come true.

„I'll be there as soon as I can. Thank you sir."
And I hung up the call not giving him a chance to say anything else. I grabbed my keys and jacket to move to the car. I drove off to school to pick the kids up.

„Scar!!! Nora is awake. She's awake!!"
I screamed out to the phone that was on speaker as I was standing at a red light.

„wait?? Really? Ohh my god finally!! This is it Liz you guys can finally get your happy ending!! I gotta tell Cobie and Beth!!" she cheered and I heard some light sobs coming from her. I didn't even notice that I was crying from excitement and relief.

„I am on my way to pick up the kids and I'll see you at the hospital alright?!" I added as I was getting closer to the school.

„Oh my god Chase and Quinn will be so exited to have her back!! This will be their best day ever!"
Scar answered and I knew that kids will jump on their feet in joy.

„I am at the school now. I'll see you later alright!"
I shut down the engine after I parked next to the school.

„Yeah see ya." and she hung up. As I was looking through the crowd of kids I saw Quinn having his arm around Chase. She held her head down and he looked around searching for me and he found me quick. They hoped into the car quick and buckled up and I only heard Quinn say hi.
Chase was looking out the window in silence.

„Chase honey is everything okay?" I asked as I turned around but she didn't reply. She kept on looking out the window with crossed arms.
She didn't have her glasses on which I noticed.
So I glanced towards Quinn trying to see if he will tell me something.

„Kids from her class bullied her." he replied with a lower voice trying to be discreet but we both know damn well that Chase can hear us since she's sitting in the car with us.

„They did what? Bully her? For what?" I asked as I placed my hand on Chases thigh.

„For her glasses and that she doesn't has a dad.
They were mean."

„Chase oh my god hey listen honey." she finally looked at me and I could see Nora's soft eyes as if they were the exact same.

„Those kids are dumb okay. There is nothing wrong with wearing glasses and there is absolutely nothing wrong with not having a dad."

„We don't have a problem with not having a dad.
We love having two moms. This is what Chase said and then the kids did this." Quinn grabbed something out of his pocket and showed me the broken glasses. I grabbed them gently and looked down on them seeing that she can't wear them any longer. My mind is running wild because some fucked up kids hurt my baby.

„You kids wait in here okay? I need to go and see the principal real quick." I grabbed my bag and walked off into the school searching for the office which I found quickly.

„I am sorry miss but you can't walk into the offi-."

„I only need a couple minutes." I replied as I kept on waking. Without knowing on the door I yanked it open and walked in having a surprised expression from the principal.

„Excuse me? Do you have an appointment?
I don't think we know each other?" the principal asked as he got up from his seat.

„Professor Elizabeth Chase Olsen. I do not have an appointment but I have an urgent topic I need to discuss with you." he gulped and pointed his hand out for me to sit down on the chair but I kept on standing.

„you see this?" I pulled the broken glasses out and he looked down on them. „My daughter got bullied today for wearing glasses and for having two moms.  I don't know what school this is but such a behavior is not tolerable! Not with my kid and neither with others! I am extremely pissed that I had to see how my kid is hurting." his face frowns as he sat down.

„I am extremely sorry to hear this misses Olsen.
I was not informed of this incident. In what class is your daughter going?" he asked as he opened his note book.

„Chase Lewis she's in the second grade."
I told him and he nod.

„I will talk to the teachers that she had in class today and I will find out who did this and of course they will have consequences."

„I sure hope they do! Their parents need to know about it too because I don't think that kids are homophobic except they adapt this disgusting behavior from their parents." I spat out and he nod again in silence.

„Of course. We do not tolerate this type of behavior in our school. Everyone is supposed to feel save and welcomed. My apologies for everything." he added and I nod as I calmed down a bit more.

„I am sorry if I stormed in this way. I always went blank as soon as I see that my kids are hurting."

„You don't have to apologize. I understand. I have the same with my kids." he replied and I felt a bit better now.

„Anyways. I will inform you in the next days how things will be handled."

„That would be great thank you."
I stretched my hand out and he did the same as he got up from his chair.

„Have a good day Misses Olsen."

„You too thank you." I answered and left the school to head off with the kids so we can finally see Nora again.

...