Playing out his cards

Lizzie POV

I have no idea what time it as i woke up. The sun is already up and I kinda feel relieved. Refreshed from the good sleep I had and I wonder how I managed to sleep so good. No nightmare that woke me up.
No overthinking that stopped me from falling asleep. Nothing.

The only thing I remember is that I was crying in bed because of the fact that Chase called me mama for the first time ever. I would have never imagined to be called this by Nora's kids and it warms my heart to know that they are so used to being with me.

I got up and and before I wanted to take a shower I went downstairs to go check on everyone.
It is oddly quiet in this house and I don't even hear chestnut running around. Cause if the nightmares wouldn't have woken me up I know it would be chestnut who'd jump onto me to lick my face.

„Halo? Is anyone here?" I yelled out as I entered the hallway.

„Chase?? Quinn? Scar? Cobie? Anyone?" I spoke up again and yet I was just met with silence.

As I entered the kitchen I saw two plates of food with a note next to it.
„Didn't know what type of breakfast you'd be in the mood for. So we made both. Don't worry the kids are with us. We are on a walk with chestnut. Enjoy your meal.   Ps. We got your favorite coffee next to the coffee machine. Love your little family!" was written on the note and around it where a lots of uneven shaped hearts drawn.

I looked at the plates and saw pancakes with waffles on one plate and bacon with eggs on the other.

I took a waffle and ate it on my way upstairs to the bathroom. I took a quick shower and jumped into some comforting clothes. After that I went down and made myself a coffee before sitting down to eat.

...

Narrator POV

„Hi I am here to talk to the dean."

„I am sorry. Do you have an appointment with him?" the secretary asked as she looked at a man who was dressed in black with sunglasses on.

„He doesn't need an appointment Susan. Robbie?
Is that you? Man I haven't seen you in a while? What a pleasant surprise. Come on in." the dean waved him over and he walked past the secretary to enter his office.

„What brings me the honor to have you here at my college? How is Elizabeth doing?" he asked as he walked around the office table to sit down in front of it.

„I think there is something you should know." Robbie spoke up and he sounded a bit tensed.

„Sure what is it? Is everything okay with Elizabeth?"
He asked thoughtfully.

„No, yeah... I think so. Listen. It's about your daughter." the dean tensed up a bit as he heard this.

„What about her?" he asked sternly.

„Well.. she's alive. She never died. She faked her death and started to live another life. With kids. Two actually. Twins." Robbie told him and he chuckled. His chuckle turned into laughter but as he realizes that this wasn't a joke he went silent.

„Are you out of your mind? You gotta be kidding me right? She died almost seven years ago. She drove her car into the ocean and we never found her. She is dead." he replied in anger.

„She is alive. I saw her! I swear!! I can bring you to her. It's in a hospital not even 20 minutes away from here."

„Hospital? Are you shitting me? What on earth is going on Robbie? How do you know she's alive? Why do you know she has kids and where has she been all this time if all of this is true?" He asked skeptical but he still had anger in his voice.

„She has a house in a forest. 30 minutes drive to her place. I can take you there too. But I think you might want to see her first... right?"

„Of course. I'll drive us to the hospital."
He said and grabbed the keys to his car to go.

„Susan cancel all my appointments for today!
I don't want any calls or any messages. You can go home when you canceled the schedule."
He spoke to Susan as he walked past her.

Time passes and Nora's father was extremely impatient and confused. Happy yet angry and mad and sad about what he heard. How is it possible?
He had so many questions that are standing unanswered in his mind.

„Come on let's go in." he spoke up but Robbie saw two police cars right outside.

„No you should do this on your own. I am not good with hospitals."

„Oh okay.. I will be back. Would you like to write me the Adress down of her house?" he asked as he pulled a pen and paper out.

„Sure. Here." Robbie wrote it down and handed it over to him.

„I don't know for how long I will be in there."

„I can walk home. You don't have to worry about me. Take your time. I just wanted to let you know."

„I will get back to you after this. Thanks pal. You've gave me the best gift ever." He bugged Robbie which surprised him and after that they walked out the car to go separate ways.

Robbie watched the police cars closely seeing that there are four officers and there are probably more inside. „I won't have it easy to get in.."
He mumbled to himself and walked off.

„Excuse me. I am here to see my daughter Nora Lewis." he spoke up as he walked up to the reception.

„I am sorry sir. But visitors are not allowed for her." the receptionist spoke to him kindly and George was standing there in tears.

„please. I just need to make sure. She faked her death almost seven years ago and I only found out now that she is alive. I just want to see my daughter. I won't stay long."

„I need to talk to her doctors first. Give me five minutes sir." she told him and walked off.

...