Roses sting

Narrator POV

„Sir we can only give you five to ten minutes. Conditions are that you will have to be in a room with her and police officers beside you."

„why's that?" George asked irritated.

„As extra safety. Someone attempted to kill her. That's why she's being hospitalized. This is all I know." shock is scattered across his face as he walked next to the nurse to get into the intensive care unite.

„For how long has she been here?" he asked as they stopped in front of the door.

„Almost two and a half months. I am sorry sir that you found out this way." she told him in sorrow and he nod smiling lightly.

„Yeah thank you for letting me in miss."

„Go in with him. Doctors order. Give him ten minutes." the nurse spoke to the officers standing in front of the door and they nod.
They opened the door and let him walk im first.

Machines where beeping and the room was filled with enough daylight so that no light had to be put on. It was quiet. Absolutely quiet.
His heart got ripped in half as he sees his daughter laying there without a single move.

Everything reminds him of how he lost his wife.
Her mother. The scenes repeat in his head on and on and seeing that Nora is fighting for life or death terrifies him. The fact that he thought she was dead is insane. Everyone does. He went to her funeral.
Everything he did and how he acted towards her is making him feel regretful.

„Hey my butterfly." he spoke up quietly as he placed his warm hand on her cold hand.

„it's me. Your father. I hope you can hear me.
I don't know why you're here. But so help me god I will end the one who brought you here. Don't think that I am mad at you for faking your death.
I don't care about that. I am sure you had your reasons. I am sorry. F-for everything. For how I was. How I treated you. With the upmost disrespect and I hate myself for that every day. I hope. When you wake up and get back I will have another chance to make everything right. Not that I deserve another chance. I know I don't. But I want to make things right. I want to take part in your life. A good part hopefully. I missed you so much I hope you know that. I love you endlessly. Even if I never showed it." he spoke to her in tears as he grabbed her hand a bit tighter.

„y'know... I used to call you butterfly when you were in your moms stomach. Cause you'd always kick. She said it felt like butterfly's. I hope I can call you that. I love you Nora."

„Sir.  We are sorry to interrupt. But your time is up." the officer gained his attention and he nod.

„Yeah... can I come by to see her again?" he asked after he kissed her head.

„Probably not until things have settled."
They told him and he nod as he glanced back at her for one last time.

„Hii it's Lizzie Olsen here. Well not here here but you know what I mean. Looks like you can't reach out to me at the moment. Leave message and I'll call back." the voice mail spoke up.

...

Lizzie POV

...

„Olsen we need to talk! This has urgency!! Come by at my house tonight or tomorrow morning!"
I listend to my mailbox and my anxiety went through the roof.

„hey are you okay? You kinda zoned out for a moment." scar snapped her fingers to gain my attention back.

„I don't know." I whispered.

„What's wrong?" she asked as she sat down now to put her whole attention to me.

„The dean. He said he needs to talk and it's really urgent. I-is be gonna fire me because I was gone for so long? He sounded angry scar!" I asked anxiously and she stoked my arm lightly.

„Hey everything's gonna be fine! He won't fire you. You know him! He can be rough sometimes with his tone. Maybe he just had a bad day and let it accidentally out on you." she reassured me and I let out a deep breath to calm myself down.

„Yeah probably."

„Besides he said you can take this time off to take care of Chase and Quinn. So there won't be any reason to fire you. Maybe he needs to discuss things further with you on how you'll come back.
I mean the three months are almost over. Did you think about what to do next? You wanna take more time off?" she asked and only now I realized that time flew by so fast.

„Shit. I didn't think about it. I mean I can't come back to work until things got solved with Robbie.
Right? And what about the kids. They need someone."

„I go to work too. You'll have me there all the time. We can set up a police car at the campus and the kids have school anyway. You can pick them up when you're done with work. Or Beth will and you'll see them later." she found a solution for every question I had and I started to feel at ease a bit.

„Okay. Well.. I should probably get ready to head off... I don't wanna let him wait any longer cause I don't know in what mood he will be." I got up and walked past scar letting my hand squeeze her shoulder in a thankful way.

...

„Jessica hi. How are you? George wanted me to come over." I spoke up as Jessica opened the gigantic wooden door.

„Hi Elizabeth. He's in the winter garden trimming his plants." she told me as she stepped aside to let me walk in.

„Alright thanks." I nod and walked to the winter Garten which was outside in a separate glass house in the back of the garden.

Multiple pinecones surrounded the winter garden out of glass and there was mist on the glass walls making it hard to see from outside.  The door was slightly open and I was able to glance inside before stepping in. Climbing plants where hanging down from above and there were roses on them.

I pulled on the door and it started making small noises. „Jess love I told you I am not-." he turned his head and stopped replying as he noticed that it was as me who stood in the winter garden surrounded by rose.

...