She fell

Lizzie POV

A knock on the door disrupted our moment and I wiped my face quick to be prepared for whoever walked through.

„Probably just a doctor or nurse. Come on in."
Nora answered before she called in whoever stood on the other side of the door.

„Lesley. Hey what are you doing here?"
I asked as i got up to greet her.

„I am here to do what I should have done hours ago." she explained as she came closer to Nora to open the handcuff. Nora grabbed her hand and rubbed her wrist. Nora didn't thank her at first but then she nod in a thankful way.

„I am sorry." Lesley added as she put the handcuffs away.

„I have some issues with my partner and he has something that he doesn't want to tell me. I think it might be connected to you. Because he usually never acts this way. We never cuffed a person to a hospital bed.. he is also in a higher position To so I don't have it easy and I couldn't act against him or else I'd be the one who would lose their job. Even if I would have been right."
She explained and I did not expect something like this.

„I honestly just thought that you stood behind his way of action. But good to know that you had other intentions." Nora replied in an understanding manner.

„I never would have thought that I'd meet my girlfriends best friend this way. Again Nora I am sorry for how we met."

„It's fine. I was honestly surprised but I am glad that you communicate about it all." Nora added and a smile formed on Lesley's face. The tension left her body and it shows.

„Little side note though. If you ever hurt Beth.
Things will not turn out good for you."
Nora warned her but she had still a smile resting on her face which gave that whole situation a bit more madness.

„Not really clever of you to threaten an officer. But I get it. I only have good intentions with Beth.
She makes me happy." Lesley answered while still smiling.

„Oh I don't care if you are an officer or not. Nobody hurts my bestie."

„Overprotective I see." Lesley mumbled and Nora chuckled.

„Indeed. She's part of my family. I've known her for long and she has the purest heart but the dirtiest mind."

„Dirtier than you?" I mumbled now to myself and Nora glanced at me. Damn I thought she wouldn't hear it.

„I can confirm the things you said. You are right."
Lesley told Nora while she kept looking at me.

„Mhm yeah. I am almost always right. Sometimes I don't even wanna be in the right but that's life I guess." Nora looked back to Lesley and she nod.

„So what is it now with the police station thing? Am I allowed to come as soon as I recovered?"
Nora asked trying to change the topic with success.

„Yes. I talked it out with my chief and he was fine with it. Recover first because we all know that the next things won't be easy. Depending on how things will turn out."

„Is there anything we can do?" I asked Lesley and she nod.

„My advice... get an excellent lawyer. It will be tough. First the thing with your ex and then the incident with Lizzie's husband. Those things might ruin a lot. I just want you to be prepared for the worst." She told us and I glanced at Nora seeing for a split second that she looked worried but she tired to cover it up even though she wouldn't have to cover up her feelings.

„Whatever it is. My kids will stay with Lizzie."
Nora told Lesley and I couldn't help but to think of how she practically begged me to promise her that I will take care of her kids because she thought she would die in my arms.

In a blink if an eyes I saw Nora laying there on the ground with blood covered leafs underneath her.
How her eyes slowly closed and how her chest stopped moving.

„There won't be no reason for that dear. You will be able to take care of them and if you want me to be around I will do it with you!" I told Nora and she gave me such a little nod that it almost wasn't visible.

„Right Lesley? It won't necessary."
I tired to get Lesley into the boat but she gave me a look that said that she can't promise me that.

Yet again before anyone way able to break the silence some broke it for us by disrupting us again.
Nobody said anything yet the door opened and we saw a nurse walk through.

„Nora I am here to pick you up for the physical therapy session." the nurse announced and Nora removed her blanket to get ready but she still wasn't really able to walk on her own.

„Wanna try the crutches today?" the nurse asked her and Nora glanced at me for a moment as if she wasn't sure but then she turned back and gave the nurse a silent nod as an approval.

„Good. But you don't need to stress yourself about it if it doesn't work at the first try. Come one let me help to get up."
She grabbed Nora's arms and pulled her out of the bed. Nora was standing now but I could see how hard it was for her to be physically active. Her muscles got so weak from the three month coma that she can barely keep herself up.

„This is great Nora. Come on. Take these and let's see how it works." she placed the crutches into Nora's hands and she grabbed them. While she was preparing to move she was still shaking from the weak muscles but from what I know is that Nora is ambitious and she will make it.

„great now. Try to walk towards me." the nurse walked back so she would create a solid distance of two to three meters so that Nora could take as many steps as she can.

When your leg is broke you usually swing with the crutches forward but the way she does it is different cause her legs aren't really injured.
She took one crutch forward with the same leg.
And then she took the other leg and crutch to get further. She did the same movements three times and by the fourth one she began to shake a bit more which seemed alarming for the nurse.

Nora held herself up and pressed her head sideways against her left shoulder to look away from me. So that I wouldn't see her face for some reason. I heard a light sniff before she moved the other crutch but she moved it to fast and it made her lose control which made her fall. A loud thud chimed and I saw Nora fall down onto her knees and hands. The nurse was to far to react in time and I was still on the other side of the bed but I was getting up by now to move around the bed to be with her. She looked fragile while sitting there so thin and hurt.

...