Foggy consciousness

Nora POV

„Welcome back Nora." I heard a light female voice that wasn't familiar. Who the hell is welcoming me back from a nap I took?

My eyes flicker and I was looking up to a white blank wall with bright lights shining down on me.
As I started to turn my head I see that I am not at home. A hospital bed. With flowers next to me and drawings and teddy bears with balloons that have written on „get well soon".

I wanted to speak but my throat felt sore, scratchy and dry. „here. Drink you need it."I looked to my left and saw a woman hold me a glass of water up. I wasn't able to grab it myself so she slid her hand behind my back to pull me up a bit so I can drink from the glass. Damn drinking water never felt better before.

„Good. Drink it all up we gotta get u back on track." she added as i was drinking the glass eagerly.

„I'm Teresa. Your nurse. I've been around here ever since you got in. So I am glad and really relieved that you are conscious now." she told me with a caring smile on her face.

„H-how long?" I asked as I pointed at the bed to find out for how long I have been here cause it doesn't feel like a long time. She hesitated for a bit as she leaned me back to put the glas aside.

„Three months." she answered with a lowered head. What? Three months? I've been here for that long?

„M-my kids. Where a-are they?" I worried as I was trying to get up but the nurse pushed me back lightly so I wouldn't make sudden moves.

„They are safe with your partner. She's a great mother and she is taking care of them. She was here not to long ago. Do you want me to call her?"
She asked and my face frowns as I heard this answer.

„I-I don't have a p-partner." I told her and now her face frowns as well.

„y-you don't?" she asked perplexed.

„I don't." I answered again so she would get me.

„Do you know why you are here?" she asked me now and I shrugged my shoulders.

„No. I don't remember a lot." I answered as I was trying to recall any recent memory.

„What is it that you do remember?" she asked as she took a note book out with a pen.

„Trees. Gun shots and feeling cold." was everything I could recall from my most recent memory.

„Do you know who was with you?" she asked and my brain felt so foggy but there was one thing I saw.

„My ex! H-he held the revolver!" I answered and she nod.

„Alright. I will give you some privacy so you can get used to everything. I will get the doctors so we can do some check ups." she stroked my arm and I nod letting her go.

As I looked around I started to see some folded cards next to the teddy bear and flowers. I took the papers and notes and unfolded them to see what is on it.

„This is us!" was written on the paper in multiple colors. I could immediately tell that my kids wrote this which made me tear up. I looked down on it and saw a drawing of Chestnut, Chase, Quinn and me. We all held hands and next to me was someone else drawn and that someone held my hand too which irritated me. I stroked over it and read Lizzie. Tears fell down my face as I started to feel a sudden disconnect to someone I am supposed to know.

„Ah miss Lewis We are relieved to have you back. How are you feeling so far? Are you in pain?"
I wiped my tears away and laid the drawings down onto the blanket I was under.

„My stomach are is hurting. A-and my chest."
I told the doctor and she hummed at me as she looked at her notes.

„May I?" she asked pointed at my blanked and I nod letting her do the work.

„As you can see..." she started to speak up as she was pulling my clothes up to reveal that my upper body was covered in red fresh scars.

„Your body is still healing from the trauma that you had to endure. Those are gun shots scars. In total you have seven. Three on your chest and four on your abdomen. The revolver bullets that hit you perforated your skin." she explained to me as she was showing me the scars I was looking down on.

„W-will they ever fade?" I asked choked up as I was starting to feel disgusted by them. They mark my past and I hate it. There is nothing more I'd like to leave behind than my past.

„I am sorry. They will never fade away completely.
They may get lighter but they will stay." she told me and I looked up to the sealing trying to not to cry.

„Please can you?" I asked as I wanted to pull my clothes over me but I didn't have enough strength so they had to do it.

„We are so sorry. We did everything we could to make the stitches decent but It was hard to stitch it properly from all the flesh that got off."
She explained and I started to feel sick from hearing this. I will be marked by my past forever and I know I won't be able to look at myself in the mirror the way I used to before.

„C-can I see my kids.. please? I-I need to see them!" I pleaded as I was swallowing down the tears and that big lump in my throat.

„Of course. We will get them. Teresa could you please go and get it organized?" the doctor asked and the nurse left in silence.

„Nurse Teresa told me that you can't remember a lot. What is it that you do remember?" she asked as she grabbed a rolling chair to sit down on it.

„I told nurse Teresa what I remember. That is all."

„Nothing else? How do you feel when you try to remember things?" she asked and I thought for a moment to try to explain it properly.

„Anxious. As if I don't want to remember. I feel lightheaded. Everything is foggy. Not clear enough to get a whole picture of it."

„Where you alone when you got shot?" she asked me and I shook my head.

„My ex was there. He did it. I think so.. but I don't remember anyone else with me." I told her and she had a slightly stern yet sorrow expression on her face. As if she knows more but she doesn't want to tell me.

...

A/n: SHE IS BAAAAACKK!!! Damn finally I feel like I had to at this point I was getting sick of not having the main character in the story so far haha

Anyways!!! Problems ain't solved yet and drama ain't done yet !! 😉😏 Heheh

Until next time
Stay tuned
Peace and love ✌🏽❤️
~S