Chapter 3

The sun slowly set as I leaned back in a taxi. Paying the driver to leave quickly. As soon as he drove off, Jisuk ran out of the hospital, looking around for what I assume is me. When he couldn't find me, he went back into the hospital probably thinking I'm still inside the building. I told the driver the address to Kains house. Luckily it was written down in a small notebook that looked like an agenda. Maybe reading someone else's book didn't feel right or maybe it's the fact I'm someone else in his body but, looking through his things didn't feel right. But, I had to. In order to figure out what he's like, who he is, and how to survive in this world known as Eleceed. Flipping through the pages, I found a lot of schedules in it. A lot of the days retain reference to Shinwha. "And here I wanted to avoid them...looks like Kain is quite acquainted with Shinwha. Isn't he mortal though?" I asked myself, clenching my hands. It felt normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. So why is Kain so connected to an awakener organization?

"We're here" I payed the driver again, thanking him and stepped out of the taxi only to stop and ask him if this is really the right place. He repeatedly said yes and to hurry and get off. I did. I looked up at the huge apartment complex known to house celebrities and well renowned CEOS of big companies. At least, I know why Kain is so closely related to Shinwha now. The guy has money. Lots of money from what I can see.

While admiring the gorgeous yet huge building, a security guard who stood in front of the very building entrance ran to my aid. He bowed, hands kept together and avoided eye contact with me. Or Kains eyes I should say. At this point, I have no idea whether it's me or Kain these people are wary of. "You should head inside now, it's very cold out" the security guard moved to the side, extending his arm to the direction of the building's doors. I took a deep breath. Truly, Kain is one heck of an important person.

The security guard hardly spoke nor did he ask any questions. Yet, I caught his eyes glancing at the bandaid on my busted lip as well as the small scratches all over my face. The mangled clothes I wore told the whole story of what happened. "What?" I asked in the softest tone I could muster. "N-nothing sir!" Despite my effort, the security guard paled on my one small question. From the moment I ended up here to this time, I figured out a bit of Kains personality. He's either the biggest asshole to ever walk this earth or a lunatic. Depending on how Jisuk was beating him up, most likely both. I didn't say anything else as the security guard led me all the way to the very apartment Kain lives in. Once we arrived, I stared at the keypad on the door, having no clue as to what the passcode could be.

"Sir?" The guard looked a little concerned as I turned to him, obviously confused. "...do you perhaps...know the passcode?" I knew it was a one in a million chance the security guard knew but it didn't hurt to try at least. "I'm sorry, I do not" I sigh, of course he doesn't. So, I decided to type in random numbers. I pulled out Kains phone, thankfully it opened with face recognition and fingerprints as well. For a teenager, his phone had nothing really, just regular apps already installed once bought. Let alone his contact information, practically empty, poor guy.

I typed in numbers from his phone number and anything that could be a potential passcode to his home. But, it all failed. That was until I noticed his birthday. "...it's the same..." he and I shared the same birthdate. As if transmigrating into the body of some handsome red haired rich asshole wasn't enough, but we share the same birthday? I felt the hair on my arms stand and goosebumps form all over my body.

Reluctantly I pressed my birthday into the doors lock, it clicked open, inviting me in. I glanced at the guard still standing there, bowed once and walked in hearing him say "have a good night sir!!" Like some soldier. Just what the hell did Kain do to make a scary looking guy tremble at his every word? "This makes me so damn uncomfortable" I sigh, leaning against the door only to cover my mouth at the sight of Kains home. Huge is all I can describe it. Well, huge and luxurious.