Chapter 51

"Whewwww" I say in the middle of my old apartment, technically it's still a place I can go whenever I wanted. Since Suho and Elise slept in today, I decided to come to Kains old apartment to train. It's been awhile and all I've done was slack off most of the time. "Haaaaa" I clenched my jaw, using every bit of my muscles and core strength to lift myself up from a sitting down criss-cross position just by the tip of my fingers. Taking a deep breath, I slowly uncrossed my legs, straightening them just a few inches off the ground.

Then slowly but surely made it to doing an upside down hand stand, completely straight and still. A total of 5 minutes of slowly moving had me tired. "Gah-!?" But my arm gave out, causing me to fall to the side just when I used my other arm to push off the ground. Strong enough to jump right back on my feet without allowing my body to hit the ground. "Holy crap-!" But even that was too much when my legs gave out and I fell flat on my butt, panting like a dog during 100 degree weather. Sweating a lot.

"I'm glad Ilseong has his own private gym here. I can work out and check on my form when I need to" I said, laying down on the padded floor, looking towards the mirror all aliening the walls. Kain Hua never worked out in his life. That much I figured when his body is so tired just from that little bit of muscle training. "You should've worked out more. You're damn weak" I pointed to the mirror while on the ground, feeling a sense of anger tingling in my stomach. I chuckled knowing that hurt Kains pride.

"It's true. You've seen the real me. I was more muscle than you. I bet if we arm wrestled in that little space of yours, I'll win no problem" again, the tingling of both anger and frustration started to build up in the pit of my stomach. I laughed. Kain is so easy to rile up for some reason.

"You know. After learning a lot about your dad, I'm starting to understand why you kept your distance from him. Ilseong is a world beyond us ordinary people. When I met him for a few minutes that one time, I froze up. I couldn't move for a good minute until he lowered his power. He's so strong, even his suppressed energy still makes others unable to breath in his presence" I started talking. Knowing Kain was listening to everything I had to say. Not only is Ilseong a strong op character but he even has a massive following of loyal awakened ones. He's a born to be leader while his son, who is expected to be just as great ended up being as ordinary as anyone else.

Aside from his looks. "I get it you know" I said, chuckling when I felt the building up anger dissipate slightly. Then a feeling of a bit of mockery itched at my throat. As if telling me to not even compare his situation to mine. But it's true.

"My brother, his name was Eunwoo Min. Where I came from, there was no such thing as superpowers nor awakened ones or organizations. That was just a long fantasy in my world. But, my hyung happened to be an awakened one. The only awakened one from our world. Can you imagine that? The only one with powers within a world of plain normal people? It had to be lonely and yet, he had talent for it. He remained the top of his class to a point he skipped grades and graduated collage at a very young age. He was also extremely handsome. Yet, my hyung never looked down on others. He was as kind as a gentle old man who lives a harsh life..." I bit my lip. Feeling my eyes water as I thought of him.

"Kain, the only thing I was ever talented in was fighting as Sehyun. My brother constantly gave me reasons to not envy him. Although I say I don't, I did at some point. But I grew out of it. Instead, I grew to love him as someone who's just better at everything compared to me. For a long time I thought my brother was living a life of paradise as nothing seemed to be a challenge to him" I say up, feeling no more anger. Knowing Kain is now simply listening to my story. I smiled.

"He wasn't living a good life at all. In fact, he was living a very hard life full of death and misery. I'm not sure how but other awakened ones started appearing in our world, targeting me and my mother the most because I had the blood of a powerful awakened one. My brother killed countless awakened ones he desperately hoped would've been his friends. But everytime he tried, they were out for his life. So he had no choice. He was alone fighting for his family. Protecting us. In the end, I died. They killed my mom. And they killed my brother. They accomplished their goal..." rage started to fill me again. This time not influenced by Kain but my me.