Chapter 9

Instead of replying to the man, I slowly continued to walk to my room, thinking this is probably what Kain does whenever he meets his father. "Haha! Still ignoring me huh?" I gulped. It was the right choice. "Who would've thought you have a thing for pets. Had you told me, I could've got you better animals than strays and mutts" how badly I wanted to retort to him and say to never call my friends strays or mutts but I continued to ignore him. Walking into my room, I whistled once when the three dogs ran into my room. Raon and Keum had Gin and Lily in their mouths. Something I taught them in my spare time.

Whoosh~

I spun around when the three jumped on my bed, setting the kittens down gently. Kains father appeared at the door within a second. I guess he uses his awakened abilities around Kain often. Still, I grimaced. It's a reaction Kain would have since he didn't have awakened abilities like his father wanted. If anything, he probably felt inferior and disgusted with himself because he wasn't awakened. "...I only came to visit for a moment. I have to leave for the States after this'' his father explained as I kept my eyes staring at the bathroom door. Trying to pay no attention to the man. "I wanted to ask...if you want to come to the states with me..." I sighed. Of course I can't. The possibility of Hyung reincarnating is 50/50 but, as long as there is a percentage I can't risk leaving this place, not even for a day, week, month, year, I can never. But...I do have something else I want.

"Can I build a house?" Kains father stiffened hearing my, or Kains voice. "Sorry?" He asked. "Can I build a house? I bought some land yesterday and I wanted to build a house for it..." Kains father remained silent, sweat building on my forehead showed just how nervous I was asking this. After all, I'm requesting something that isn't cheap like a piece of chocolate. "Nothing...it's just a bit big and empty. A smaller house we don't need to pay rent for would be better" I said when Kains father hummed, seemingly debating if he should allow it or not. "This building is ours so we never pay rent" I gasped internally. Of course. I should've known.

"Where will this house be?" He asked. "It's in XXXX" he blinked, tilting his head. "That small neighborhood? I thought you'd want to build a mansion in XXX" that rich place!? Hell no! Jisuk probably lives there and that's the last thing I want to be, Jisuks neighbor. "It's just to lay low. You'd never know what enemy awakened ones of yours could target me when I'm so flashy..." I made up any excuse I could think of. He flinched hearing my words, his mood dulling immediately. "I see...sounds good. I'll find you an architect and some workers to start planning it out. It'll keep you busy for a few days so I'll let the school know you're on emergency leave ". With that, he turned and left the house. I fell to my knees. He certainly wasn't an awakened one to laugh at as his presence alone suffocated me. His energy was like Jiyoung, just more wild. Like father like son I guess.

"I've gotten used to dispersing the force control hyung taught me when I meet someone unexpected. At least someone who's awakened. Even though it was a surprise visit, I immediately dispersed my force control as soon as I saw him" I sighed, relieved that my instincts are all still intact. But I'm happy I can rebuild my original home instead of having to stay in this giant empty place known as Kains cage. "Looks like I'll be a little busy these days" I hooted, jumping onto the bed and grabbing Hyungs journal. Something I haven't read in awhile. I took a deep breath, turning the page to the next journal entry.

...

X/13/1X

The man who claimed to be me and Sehyuns father had taken me into his home. It was rather slummy to be called a home let alone have someone live in it. Even he looked quite unkempt. The smell was nothing but mole, cigarettes, and booze. Maybe a rotting smell here and there, I guessed dead mice or rats. A few days old food full of larva. It was disgusting to say the least.