Chapter 18

I awkwardly sat in the van taking us to the main part of the academy. Sitting beside Jiwoo of course since everyone else made me uncomfortable. The only downside was Casein nitrate in Jiwoos arms at all times. Always making me feel like I'm going to die at any moment. At some point, I knew I'd get used to it just as Jisuk has become used to a talking cat and Wooin knowing it's Kayden Break. Finally, the van came to a stop and I was able to open the van door, stepping out first as I couldn't bear the suffocation I felt from the awkwardness because I was there.

Practically tearing the Van doors open, I stepped out, my heart almost dropping to my stomach when I really saw other awakeners greeting Inhyuk not far away. "Wow! It's so fascinating to know this facility exists on an island!" Jiwoo awed at the academy, absolutely delighted by this new place as I unwittingly slipped behind him, trying to stay out of sight since the boy was the same height as me. Well, sort of since he's starting to grow all of a sudden. Somehow, knowing I'll probably end up being the shorter one of the group kinda irked me but besides that, I slipped a hood on from my jacket, trying to hide Kains red hair. Besides Jiwoo, it seemed everyone else was amazed by how huge the academy actually is. Honestly, in my opinion, it has to be huge. Because it's housing and teaching awakened ones. People with powers...it'd be weird if it wasn't sturdy, big, and made for young awakeners. If hyung was here, he'd just chuckle at their surprising lack of common sense.

Well of course Jiwoo is a whole different story. Since he's still new to being an awakened one. "This is the first time I'm meeting you in person. I usually see you from afar" someone approached Inhyuk, his hand extended out for a handshake. "I'm Suhan Kang from Beakho" My eyes glanced at the person. Squinting as Inhyuk introduced himself. Suhan Kang is already known to be the next leader of the organization, someone I have to be wary of alongside Casein Nitrate and Inhyuk.

"Hm?" I flinched seeing someone staring at me. Tugging my hood down so they couldn't see me. "Excuse me. I need to confirm your identity before you can enter the academy '' the person reached out to grab my hood when Inhyuk spoke up. "He's a manager-in-training!" He walked over as Jiwoo slowly moved away, no longer being my little shield. "That explains why I can feel anything from the kid" I heard Suhan Kang speak while also gazing at me. Fuck!

"Still, we need to know who he is-'' letting out the longest sigh imaginable, I slipped off my hood. I was hoping I'd be able to enter without revealing myself to the staff yet knowing it'll be quite the glares. As predicted, Suhan Kangs eyes practically popped out of his sockets seeing me as well as his companions who stumbled away, realizing who I was. Anyone could tell the red hair was inherited by South Korea's 2nd most powerful awakened one. And his only son known as a bastard of a man looked to them. His red eyes threw them off for a moment as well as his unexpected beauty. "I'm Kain Hua. The one who's a manager-in-training" I bowed, trying to be as respectful as I possibly could. Once the shock everyone felt washed away, the obvious disgust showed on their faces as they didn't even respond, walking away as they wanted nothing to do with such a despicable human being.

"Since everyone's been identified now...we'll lead the students to their dormitories..." Suhan glanced at me, knowing well I'm not a student and that I'll most likely reside in the employee/teacher building. "Mr.Goo. The principal is waiting for you. Please follow me" Suhan finished, walking to Jiwoo and Wooin as Jisuk, Subin, Jaehyuk, and Boyoung followed one of the Beakho members. "Are you Jiwoo and Wooin?" He asked. "Yeah!" Jiwoo chirped happily as he pointed to one of the other Beakho guys there. "You can follow him," he said as Jiwoo and Wooin rather glanced at me, both hesitant to leave. I furrowed my brows, confused as to why their acting so differently compared to the story where they both followed without resistance. "Is there something wrong?" Suhan asked. "Ah- well..." Jiwoo scratched the back of his head, glancing at me again.