Chapter 23

I stood there, beside Giwook when Jiwoo and Wooin arrived back. Feeling a bit out of place since Giwook allowed me to sit on the ground, unlike everyone else who needed to stand at attention. At first, I did sit in order to inspect everything around the area, to become familiar with it as well as get a better, if not, great view of Giwook and his...I'm sure you know what I mean. "Since today is our first day. You will spar with one another. Let's see how good you are" he announced. I flinched. Turning to him. Completely forgetting this part of the Manwha as well. If anything, my memory only consisted of the bigger and more important events regarding Jiwoo. Everything minor completely slipped my mind since I tried my best in running away from the awakened ones.

"Uhm, but sir- I have a non-combat power..." the student of smaller stature spoke up. I pursed my lips, feeling sorry for him. The more the plot continues, the better I remember what'll happen. One of them is knowing the kid won't stand a chance. "I get that. But that doesn't mean it's not helpful in combat" I rolled my eyes at his statement. Wondering just what the hell he meant. As a group, of course it'd be helpful but as a single person who has no ability to withstand an attacker, it's not exactly reliable. How bad I wanted to say something to Giwook but, as usual, I can't step out of place and even more so when it comes down to the plot itself. Anything can alter it. I almost altered it back then when Jiwoo was supposed to fight with  Jaehyuk but luckily, on the boat, I overheard them talking about the spar. It happened after I left. Thankfully.

"As an awakened one. It's important that you're ready for this kind of situation. You cannot excuse yourself from this" Giwook finished, making the final decision as the boy nervously agreed with a murmur, "yes, sir...". "Who will go first?" This question caused me to scan the students, knowing well who'll step forward first. Kain's red eyes landed on the huge guy walking in front, confidently saying, "I will!" Like he had a chance. We made eye contact for a single second before he turned back to Giwook, ignoring me now. I grimaced. I'm human, so what? Tch. It already pissed me off but also relieved. The more they don't interact with me, the better.

He walked into the center of the arena's circle, an obvious sly smirk on his face. While he was in his own thoughts of trying to stand out and show what he's capable of, I couldn't help but inwardly snicker. "Then who will be his opponent?" Giwook looked through the other students. When no one was willingly stepping forward, Wooin did. Tensing when he walked past me from behind, brushing his hand against mine. Out of reflex, I yanked my hand away, rubbing the tingling part of my skin he grazed. He looked back, making eye contact with me before continuing his way into the arena. I stood there, confused. What the hell was that? Wooin never did something like that in the plot...did he? Did he do that to Jiwoo? I tried thinking hard on it but Jiwoo distracted me when he ran to my side.

"Wow! You're the trainer's assistant! That's amazing Hyung!!" He cheerily spoke, putting his hand in the air for a high five. But he slowly dropped it seeing how I simply stared at his hand, then to him, obviously not going to high five him. "Haha, do you think Wooin will be okay?" Jiwoo strikes up a conversation, looking slightly down at me. I turned back, watching Wooin get into position. "There's a treatment facility inside the academy. So don't worry about getting injured. Begin when you hear the starting sound" Giwook spoke behind us, the beeps starting to countdown to when the spar shall begin.

"Wooin will be more than fine" Jiwoo looked towards the arena as soon as my words came out. A small smile on his face. I peeked towards him, scoffing before continuing to watch the match. Jiwoos smile annoyed me, I only said it so confidently because I know the future. Well, more like read it.

Beep-!

The last beep sounded and the other man activated his ability immediately. I gulped, wondering if I could take the guy on. Since I've always been human and never fought another awakened one before, I could only imagine. My electrokinesis power, I wanted to test it out on another awakened one. I really do. But, clenching my hand while Wooins opponent rushed towards him, I felt my heart beating faster. Biting my bottom lip. Jiwoo glanced my way, closely examining every reaction I had. He felt a little bad thinking I was worried about Wooin when in actuality, I imagined myself in Wooins place, contemplating what I'd do in his situation. "You're dead meat!!!" The young man yelled, about to punch Wooin when a blast exploded right under his chin, sending him flying. In the air, Wooin was far from done as he activated his power enough to send many blasts against the other's body.