Chapter 12

Once both Jiyoung and I stepped into her office, she closed the door, which is totally normal but to me, I started to panic thinking she's caught me. Perhaps she felt the little tiny itty bitty bit of power I released in the adrenaline of the moment then called me in to discuss Kain being a normal person but suddenly becoming awakened. Oh maybe it had to do with the whole Kayden incident regarding the Klein brothers and perhaps noticed an unknown power within the vicinity? So many questions popped up in my head, all of it possible as Jiyoungs is perceptive about things.

"Kain" Jiyoung started, sitting on a couch in her office. Hesitantly, I glanced over at the office chair I thought she was going to sit at. Am I not in trouble? Or is she taking the casual lane? Is she even comfortable with Kain being in the same room with her? He didn't touch her did he?

All this ran through my mind as I slowly shuffled to the other couch, sitting down in an awkward manner. After a minute, we both listened to the clock ticking by as someone entered the room. "Chairwomen, the drinks you ordered" one of Shinwas employees placed two starbu**s drinks in front of myself and her. Mine being  Iced Chai Tea. Blinking, I looked up to Jiyoung. Wondering how the hell she knew my favorite drink. Kain hates anything besides the refreshers, according to Suho the guard. And I'm sure I've never...right, during Wooin and Jisuks spar I brought a chair tea with me and chips. Don't tell me, she remembered even that?

Both impressed but intimidated, I sipped my drink, trying to distract myself from Jiyoungs stare.

"You've changed" she simply commented, taking a swig of her own drink. I flinched. Yes, of course I changed because I'm not Kain. "In what way?" I asked just to amuse her. Literally gulping down the late at this point. "Before, you used to constantly talk. Brag. It was annoying" hearing this, I accidentally let out a snort. Laughing at Kain for his stupid antics and trying to impress THE Jiyoung Yoo who has everything. Everything except a break.

"Ahem" I cleared my throat, seeing Jiyoung's ebony eyes stare right at me. Probably not expecting me to laugh at "my own" dissing she just did. "Sorry. I already told Jisuk I wouldn't be coming back to Shinwha ever again. Did he not tell you?" I placed my drink on the table, feeling a little bit more relaxed as I leaned back into the couch, crossing my leg over the other. "Is that true?" Jiyoung seemed a bit taken aback by my words. Then, Jisuk never told Jiyoung nor Inhyuk. Had he told Inhyuk, the man would've reported it to Jiyoung.

"Yes. I've reflected on my own actions and decided it's best to stay away from Shinwha. I already informed fa-" no I didn't. I didn't tell Kains dad about it yet because of how busy I was with my mother's portrait and the house being built! "I mean, I'll inform him about this arrangement right away" I smiled, quite happy I'll be able to get out of here soon and stay out. "...there's no need for that" my smile dropped hearing Jiyoung speak.

"What do you mean? After all I did, you're just going to allow me to come back here again  and again?" Jiyoung remained quiet, sipping her drink. I can't believe this. I knew she was a nice person but it was only valid because she was nice to Jiwoo who absolutely deserved it but this is Kain we're talking about here. Kain relentlessly harassed her, if not physically then mentally! What happened to the woman who had no soft spot even for her own little brother!? Jiwoo is understandable because even I have a soft spot for him, but COME ON THIS IS KAIN.

"P-please rethink this. If this contract keeps going, I'll have to come back here. What if I revert back to my old self!? Kain isn't a good person! He has never been good to you! So why are you letting him come back like this!?" You two aren't even romantically together so it makes no sense!!!

Jiyoung stared at me quite surprised by my sudden shouting, probably not expecting me to be this upset about not getting kicked out of Shinwha. Everyone knows how obsessive Kain was when it came to Awakened Ones. But, I, Sehyun, who is now Kain, could give less of a shit. I want out. I really really wanted out of this. "If you went back to your old self, then that would be a bummer. But I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself" well there's that. I sighed, sitting down. Never have I ever thought I'd feel this frustrated about one of my favorite characters.