Bonus Chapter #3: In Kains Apartment

Sadness. Worry. Exhaustion. Wonder. Imagining. These were the many things and emotions Elise felt while vacuuming Kains bedroom carpets. Her eyes blankly out of it while the whirring of the machine continued to fade into white noise. "Meow~" but she snapped out of whatever trance she was in when Gin meowed, rubbing his body against her leg. Looking down at the kitten, she smiled a little, noticing how much bigger and healthier looking he's gotten. "Hi~ I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to you was I?" She playfully spoke, squatting down while Gin continued to meow. "What's up anyways?" As Elise picked up Gin, his cat body curving while meowing, snuggling into her chest once she straightened up seeing Suho, Kains bodyguard standing against the doors frame into his room. His eyes staring at the woman known as Elise watching Kains maid stroking Gins soft gray fur.

"What do you mean?" Her milk chocolate colored eyes fluttered in confusion. This made Suho raise a brow, letting out a small sigh knowing what she's doing. "You've been mopey these past few days and DON'T try to play it off. I've known you for three years now. I can tell when you're trying to change the subject or play dumb" Suho squinted his onyx eyes, knowing well Elise has no other choice but to talk about what's been bugging her. Elise humphed at him, her confused expression changing into that of uninterested but, the underlying coaster of thoughts were clear to Suho. "I'm just worried," she said, sitting down on Kains bed as Gin crawled off her lap once she set him down, watching the kitten walk over to Lily, the redder cat curled up on one of Kains pillows. He too, curled up beside her, both snoozing away once readjusting their sleeping positions.

"Ah, I see. You're worried about the young master Kain Hua who gets into nothing but trouble" Suho walked over, sitting beside her as he leaned back, staring at the once empty bookshelf now full of novels and informative articles within the shelves. "How can I not? Kain is just a young boy who's still learning and yet the master didn't hesitate to send him into that...awakened academy. You know well how awakened ones will look down on those who aren't awakened" she turned to Suho, spouting out her worries all of a sudden. Suho listened to each word she spoke, thinking up different things to say in response but her worried rant was far from done.

"I mean, I know Kain wasn't the best nor does he have a great reputation amongst awakened organizations but he changed! He changed so much for the better...it's scary knowing those other students could hurt him. For anything he might've done to their organization. Hell! He even marched right over to the retired number 1 awakener in Korea and demanded him to show his power!! Only to find out that same man is the principal of the academy! I'm sure the master knew as well as anyone else but he still sent him!!" She panted, her once calm face now changed into nothing but anxious worry for Kain. Her face flushed because of how ridiculous it all was. Was the master not so caring for his son to the point of sending him right into the lion's den? More like the dragon's lair!

"Pfft- ahahahahaah!" Suho bursted out laughing when he saw Elise's reaction. He thought it would've been something entirely different, like worried she'll lose her job if Kain came back dead but no, she's genuinely worried for his well being. "Stop laughing! I'm being serious here!" She smacked his shoulder as hard as she could but since Suho is an awakened one himself, it felt a lot like a tap instead. "I know I know. It's just...since when have you cared so much about young master Kain?" He had to ask. The young master remained a little tyrant in the making to him. Someone who can't comprehend the thought of sympathy nor the feeling of compassion. Someone who's heart remained stone cold to those not his father. "Well..." Elise paused, truly thinking about it. It was recently that Kain had become different, changed in a way he didn't seem like himself. Yet, a familiarity is still there. She couldn't put her finger on it nor could she figure out why her young master changed so much but, she knew he looked so much happier. Even if he showed great sadness every now and then.