Chapter 21

After Wooin had gotten most of the sand out of my hair and dusted me off, we ended up walking together. Kemono strutted ahead, his ears perked up with a rock in his mouth, refusing to ever let it go. At first I tried to get him to drop it but after he growled, I allowed him to keep it. Out of all the toys he had, he already cherished a rock more than any of them. "Wooin", I turned to the taller boy, looking up to see his eyes simply staring at Kemono. He hummed, indicating for me to continue. "How were the unaffiliated dorms?" Hearing this, Wooins eyes tore off Kemono and landed on me. Watching my expression. "...it was okay," he said. Turning away again. "I see..." It wasn't enough. After the time I spent with mostly Jiwoo and Jisuk that spoke more, it felt a little different with Wooin who was a man of few words. He wouldn't answer anything unless you asked him a question directly. Even then, he's given the simplest answer.

"What about the other unaffiliated kids? Were they welcoming?" I tried to drag it out. To see if the story's plot still continued. Before, I wanted to ask Jisuk whether he was at Jiwoos dorm until the moment he approached me on the beach but our interaction wasn't very good nor did it allow a time for the question to pop up. If he wasn't there to begin with, I couldn't help but worry a little. Jiwoos a big softy, how could I not? As well as the possibility of this alternate action having caused a ripple within the story line. But Wooin was there the entire time. Even if it was suspicious, I can use the fact I'm an evaluator and the chaperone to the students as leverage. Noticing Wooins side eye, I tilted my head a little. Acting as if it was simple curiosity. If simple curiosity didn't work, I'll use my authority.

"Not really..." I sighed. "You have to give me more detail than that" I stopped walking, looking up into Wooins eyes when he also paused. Raising a brow. "Why are you so curious?" He asked. Good. "Because I'm my fathers evaluator for this Academy. I have to know what's going on in both the affiliated and unaffiliated parts of this academy. Otherwise I can't have a good evaluation of it" I explained, very convincingly if I do say so myself. But seeing Wooins brows furrowed, I doubt it gave him any reason to go into detail. In the first place, it's not that hard. Why is he being so stubborn now? "Plus, I'm a chaperone to you kids. Isn't it basic knowledge to know how my kids are doing?" Wooins expression hardly changed. I gulped. What else is there if my authority wouldn't work? Although Wooin is refreshing for me. His stubbornness is starting to irk me.

So I thought of my last resort. Something I dearly didn't want to say as it gave them a reason to become closer to me when I don't want them near me. Looking away, a blush creeped up on my cheeks. I couldn't look him in the eyes as I spoke. "....I was also worried about you and Jiwoo, whether they'll treat you guys well or if they gave you a hard time..." I mumbled. Looking back to Wooin after having said such a thing, his eyes softened a little, although not completely. "Because I consider you guys as my.....f-friends-" I finished. Wooins eyes completely softened, even the corners of his usually stoic lips lifted upon my words. Seriously. Calling them my friends was dangerous for me. It basically gave them an invite into my life. "If that's the case" Wooin started, looking around then walking over to a bench under a tree. I blinked. He wanted to sit and talk? He patted the seat beside him, making me hesitantly walk over then sit with a feet of distance between us.

"...The other unaffiliated students were not welcoming. Once Jiwoo and I settled in our dorms, they came knocking. Demanding for us to tell them our powers" he spoke, looking my way to see if I was listening. Obviously I was. Playing whatever memory I had left of Eleceeds chapter to what he spoke about. So far, it went right on the plot. "We refused. Then they threatened us. We still refused. After a bit of arguing, Jisuk came by, kneed the guy in the side and chased the hostile students away. Jisuk and Subin came by to check on us when everyone decided to hang out in Jiwoos' room for a while. We found out the unaffiliated and affiliated students were in completely different buildings in terms of living quarters." He glanced at me again, looking away when he noticed Kains red eyes completely focused on him.