Chapter 44

[A/n: Ik the pic above isn't Kain but it's just to get a feel lol]

I awoke to another day.  It's been a hectic few months in this world I've come to know as Eleceed. Especially after having encountered many of the characters within the story, I'm not sure how to feel about it anymore. At first, the desperate need to hide myself from them played a huge part in isolating myself but no matter what I did, I always ended up with them. Coming to terms with the fact, maybe, I just have no choice but to become someone apart of Eleceed from this point on.

Even then, as anyone else who knows what's going to happen in the future, my heart ached of guilt. I cannot change it though. As far as I know, no matter how much I meddled in the story, the main events remained on track. Outside that scope though, there were some differences such as Jiwoo acknowledging me as his hyung and Jisuk continuing to have a hard time accepting Kain for who he is. Wooin showing a side of him I've never seen before, Kayden interfering with my private life aka trying to take my house by force. Inhyuk, Seongha, and Giwook considering me a good friend.

Then, Kains existence in itself was never in the Manwha. It continues to bother me but, I really have no way of answering it either.

"Young master, breakfast is ready" Kain's red eyes turned to the creaking door, out popped Elises head from behind. She smiled upon seeing me. "As usual, the young master is as flawless as when he went to sleep" She giggled, ever so phased by Kains absolute beauty despite having just woken up.

"Lies. I'll take a shower and be down" I said, hearing Elise say "Yes sir" then closing the door lightly before rushing steps ran down the stairs with the groaning sounds of Suho passing by. Mumbling about Kain being old enough to wake himself up while Elise scolded him for saying such things in front of my door. I could only smile.

Finally, after all this time, the house was full of life.

I took a deep breath, smelling the familiar scent of rose shampoo from the three pups all huddled on my bed surrounding the two kittens stacked on one another. Adorable. "Another day of searching for Hua's teenage awakened ones" I stretched, walking to the closet and gathering my uniform before entering the bathroom.

Stripping off the clothes, I paused, looking at the mirror. Before, I couldn't even glance in this reflective glass, let alone do so when naked. Now, as I stared into these red eyes I hardly recognize and long soft red hair draping over smooth porcelain like skinned shoulders, I grimaced. Touching from my shoulder to collarbone, lightly tracing down between Kain's pecks and between the bit of abs showing before stopping just above his pelvis. I sighed. The guy really is just breathtaking. It's shocking he hasn't had a girlfriend yet. Actually, after contemplating for a moment, is Kain a virgin?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was since my life as Sehyun, I had died a virgin. So I really don't mind.

"Haha, what am I thinking? This still isn't my body" I reminded myself, looking away from the mirror then starting the shower, entering. A light blush on my cheeks.

...

"Why are you walking with me?" After having a hearty breakfast and a small conversation with Elise, attending school with a mob of people asking me questions, then walking out just to find Kain's bodyguard waiting out front on his phone with many female students blushing and whispering to one another about the handsome man. I really hoped to be alone but even that seemed too much to ask for. "I don't want to either...Hyung told me to keep an eye on you though." Suho mumbled, hands in his pocket as we walked side by side, awkwardly. Before, Suho was a rather obedient guy who never really showed resentment to Kain when I first came here but after I came back from the Awakened Academy, suddenly, he had no problems making it obvious he disliked Kain to some extent.