Chapter 14

A lion ambushes its prey. A cheetah tires its target out. A bear uses brute strength to tear its food apart. An owl silently strikes without making a sound. These are the ways of the predatory world and the meekly cruel fate of the weak. It's the way of the world. Just as it is with the Awakened world.

"Don't make me ask thrice" I gasped, snapping out of my blood running cold as Kaydens cold glare felt like icicles stabbing every part of my body. "Y-yes! It is!" I answered finally. Gulping as he turned back around, scanning the house once more. "I heard quite a bit about you, Kain" Kayden started, speaking with his back turned to me. Of course you have. You're always with Jiwoo and in turn have learned about Kain through Jisuk or Jiwoo. God what does he want? After all this time, why did he reveal himself to me when he hasn't even been revealed to Shinwha yet!?

"I'll make this simple" his eyes returned to me. Arms crossed and standing so relaxed while I sweated bullets from the feeling of being small. His presence was no joke. "Give me your house. I need a place of my own to train" my eyes widened, being scared completely went off the grid as shock over took my expression. "Why!?" The words came out before I could think, making Kaydens eyebrow raise. Of all things, he wanted my home!?

"You know me, don't you? Since you're so "obsessed" with awakened ones" he took a step towards me, quoting the word, obsessed, just like I had done to intimidate Jiwoo before. "...I'm sorry. But you don't look familiar to me" I took a step back, staring right into Kaydens eyes as I couldn't, I absolutely couldn't give up my home. The one thing I truly wanted. "Does the name, Kayden Break, ring any bells?" He kept saying things I've said to Jiwoo. Ring any bells, it's the words I used to brush off Jiwoo in order to avoid him. But it didn't work. "The...the awakened one the top 10 won't fight-?" I asked, gulping when my back hit a wall. Or one of the surrounding walls around the neighbors property.

Just as I've done to Jiwoo, Kayden trapped me between him and the wall, leaning his hands on either side of me. His tall figure looked down into Kains red eyes. Then, his hand moved, grabbing the hem of the blue hood I wore, slipping it off my head. Revealing Kains red locks. "What'll you do if I say I'm Kayden Break? Will you give me your house then, you coward" I gritted my teeth at his cold tone upon the word coward. Yeah, I am a coward. I'm scared shitless right now. I want to give him the house so he can let me live. But, but, I can't. That house, although it's not truly mothers house, it still holds the greatest piece of me. The man known as Sehyun who grew up in a home just like that. With my mom. With my hyung. As the original me. Who was once happy.

"I'd much rather die than give something so precious away" my trembling steadied, my stalled breathing returned to normal, my strained muscles relaxed all around my body and I confidently looked right back into Kayden Breaks eyes. My home and memories are the one thing I'm willing to die for.

"Hah" Kaydens cold smile smirked, somehow amused by my sudden change. He leaned in, once again mimicking what I did to Jiwoo. "Can you really die for something precious?" I pursed my lips, feeling Kaydens nose tap mine. His breath warmed up my cold lips. He tilted his head, eyes bore into mine. "Let's test it then" I sucked in a breath, shutting my eyes tightly as I expected Kayden to activate his electric power and burn me to a crisp with it. Just as he's done with the Klein brothers. But instead, a breeze hit me.

After a moment of silence, I opened my eyes to see Kayden gone. "Huh?" I glanced around, trying to find a tall handsome man somewhere but none. He truly disappeared. "Is it because I'm not awakened?" I questioned, wondering what other way he can test whether I'll die for something precious. "Ohhhhh fucking shit-" but rather than that, I plopped onto the ground, brushing Kains red hair back and panted on the ground, processing what just happened.

I survived. I'm still alive even after I rejected Kayden Break.

"This just tells me..." I spoke to myself. 'It tells me he only ever has a soft spot for Jiwoo and Jiwoo alone' I thought, taking deep breaths to calm myself down.