Chapter 41

At first I was a bit paranoid about Sucheons grandfather not only exposing Jiwoo and Kaydens relation but also my own personal info I wished to keep secret. But I remembered. Kayden confronts Dusik as they leave the island. As far as I know, Kayden takes no risks and makes sure Dusik and his two lackeys remain silent, permanently. If it goes the same as in the Manwha. Then I won't have to worry too much. Yet I still have something else to worry about.

"You didn't have to come all the way to my room, sir" Seongik sat across from me on the couch. Thanks to Giwooks help, he's been moving me around wherever I wanted. Just a moment ago, he stopped by and helped me to the couch. Then he decided to give Kemono a walk since I couldn't. Thanking him as he left, Seongik Han walked in right after. Leaving me in a nervous wreck as Giwook closed the door. "I should visit you at least once. You did a lot for Jiwoo as well as for everyone else's sake before Kayden appeared" he mentioned. I gulped, nodding my head lightly. It may have been a heroic moment in his eyes but to me, it was way too crazy. My words of going to war with Beakdu could've hurt Huas reputation more than ever. But knowing Kain, he's probably said such things before. "Uhm, may I ask who all knows?" Referring to my awakened ability's and my true strength. Seongik raised a brow, clasping his hands together. Remembering the scene of my spar against Dusik.

Even he was taken aback the moment he felt the amount of power stored within Kains body. To him, the child has always been a unique existence. Kain Hua, a boy that knew nothing but terrorizing those around him. Using his fathers influence to get whatever he wanted and resented awakened ones because he, himself, wasn't born special. But now, after all these years. Kain is awakened? So what was the point of acting in those disgraceful ways? "Only Inhyuk, Giwook, Seongha, myself, Jiwoo, Kayden, Dusik, and the two with him" I let out a breath. Happy. Thankfully the other instructors didn't arrive early enough to see me using my ability. "It may be too much to ask of you, Mr.Seongik Han. But I must request you keep me being an awakened one a secret. I don't wish for anyone to learn of my abilities nor do I want my father to know my powers" Seongik blinked. Reluctant to say anything but nodded his head. "Very well. Haha" he chuckled. "I guess our spar isn't going to happen anytime soon" I raised a brow. "No, it was never going to happen. How could I ever spar against the former number one awakened one in South Korea?" I asked. A rhetorical question.

"Well it wouldn't make a difference. You're father was originally supposed to be South Koreas number one awakened one but he declined the title so Jiyoung was named number one instead" I flinched. For real? "Haha- he's my father. I can't see my dad in a respective light like that..." of course I believed it. With how much pressure he gave off just standing there suffocated me. I can only imagine how strong he truly is for even Seongik Han to say he's the og number one. "That's true" he laughed. Getting up. "Since I came to check on you and I have, I should get going now. The awakened academy will be ending soon. So you should start packing up when you can" I blinked. "Is it because of Kaydens appearance?" I asked just to be met with silence. "Have a good rest Kain" Seongik smiled politely as I bowed where I sat, looking back up when he shut the door.

Jiwoo knows I'm awakened but I'm also positive Kayden already told Jiwoo not to tell anyone I'm awakened. Even if he didn't, Jiwoos the type who wouldn't blurt out everything just because. He's a smart and polite child. So of course I had no worries about him knowing. It's everyone else I'm worried about. "Whew" I sighed. Biting the inside of my cheek. Everything's fine. Everything will be fine. Then my mood faded into happiness. I finally get to go home. To Elise and Suho. To my kittens and other pups. Afterwards, I can move out of that darn apartment and into my real home. "I can't wait" I chuckled.

...

A few days later~ I was up and running around again. My legs felt spick and span! Honestly, the infirmary is amazing! "I'm glad they let me skip the last instructor meeting...I don't want to be glared at on my last day of school..." I sighed. Knowing how Suhan, Miyoung, and Chul would side eye me every single meeting. Then try to nitpick anything I did just to get a reaction out of me. I have no idea what the hell Kain did to their respective groups but whatever it was left an awful impression on them. "Let's go to the students now. The meetings finished" I pushed myself off against the wall. Lazily humming away to pass time until the trio walked out of the room, all making their way to the unaffiliated students. "Jeez. I'm going to have a hard time explaining all of this to my father..." I grimaced. Remembering all the paperwork I had to do even if I was an assistant. I was still a teacher in some respects. "No kidding..." Seongha sighed. "You guys remember to keep your mouths shut right?" I raised a brow at all three of them, all of them flinching then nodding their heads. The thought of lying to their groups, of course, took a toll on them. Especially since they vowed their loyalty to them. But I'm not affiliated with any group, so I have reason to hide myself.