Chapter 5

Avoiding them? Don't get involved? Hah! I lied to myself. I lied to myself about not getting involved with Jisuk Yoo, Wooin, Jiwoo Seo, and Subin Lee. I lied about everything!! Why? Why did I lie!?

Because Jiwoo currently sat on the couch inside Kains house. He held the two kittens and examined them after we both gave them a bath. "It looks like they're healthy. They just need to eat some more and gain weight" Jiwoo advised, setting down Lily, a red cat that resembled Kains hair and picked up the silver cat who we named Gin. "Same for Gin" Jiwoo rubbed Gins belly for a little until the silver kitten walked away on its own and jumped down to eat the rest of the food we put in bowls.

Now, how did Jiwoo end up in Kains house? Well, as I feared, I bought pretty much everything in one go and was going to make round trips back and forth but Jiwoo offered to help carry them for me. Plus, he wanted to inspect the Kittens to be sure they're okay and don't need to go to the vet. To which, I accepted because I was also very tired after having to run away from a crazy girl then run into Wooin and now, I'm just too tired to run away from Jiwoo. "Thank you" I said to him, brushing some of Kains red hair out of my face. Jiwoo stared for a moment, probably admiring how handsome Kain is. Or how pretty. "Is something the matter?" I asked, standing up from where I sat. "Nothing. You're just really good looking" he admired quite boldly and innocently. "Haha, you're good looking yourself. Do you want some tea? Or perhaps something to snack on?" I offered out of habit. Praying he says no.

"No thanks. I have to get to the cats" he stood up himself, gathering his things. "Oh...do you mind if I come by every now and then to check on the kittens? And teach you how to take care of them?" Jiwoos eyes sparkled, looking me dead in the eyes but I felt like screaming inwardly. The cute and adorable Jiwoo I've always wanted to embrace stood before me with expectancy. But, I had to shoot that down and draw a line.

"I do mind," I said simply. "...oh..." Jiwoos smile slightly faltered but he returned to his happy self again, scratching the back of his neck as if embarrassed. "I understand, then, have a good day" Jiwoo bowed, turned around and walked to the entrance where he put on his shoes and sat on the ground, tying them. I felt bad. Of course I did, I mean, it's Jiwoo. I'd never want to hurt him but for my own sake I had to.

"Haaaa" sighing again, I opened the fridge and grabbing a sandwich the woman from before made for Kain. I walked to Jiwoo, watching him stand up and turn to me looking a little confused. "Here. It's a thank you for all the advice you gave me until now. And helping me bring the kittens' stuff here. I'm very grateful" I bowed again, a small gentle bow as I held out the sandwich to Jiwoo. He smiled, looked more relaxed as he took the sandwich from my hand. "I hope to see Lily and Gin again one day. Have a good night" Jiwoo bowed back to me and walked out, shutting the door quietly.

When the door clicked and locked on its own, I turned around and laid on the couch, staring up at the ceiling feeling complicated. Is it really safe to avoid them when Kain is already a non awakener? It's not like my existence will completely alter the story. Rather, what if I helped them? Warned them. But, that'll only lead to misunderstandings. "Haaaaa" I sigh again, feeling one of the kittens curl up beside my neck and another on my chest. Thinking and thinking some more. I'm tired of it.

So. I fell asleep, not wanting to think too much and rest for one day on the weekend then use Sunday to truly plan out my next move.

...

"Let it flow...." I heard hyungs voice again. "Let it carve a path in you..." I looked around, knowing I'm in a dream. Hearing these are familiar words I know I've heard before. "Flawed force control....breathe....flow..." words kept repeating and repeating. "Modified...let it flow into....your bra...in...." Hyung! Hyung what do you mean!? What're you saying!? Hyung!!! "Fathers force control killed him..." huh? Father? Right, father was an awakened person of our world. Someone that those men who killed me, Hyung, and mom wanted to get rid of. They did but found out Hyung was awakened. Then killed me because I have the blood of an awakener with the potential to birth more awakened people. Saying father was a powerful one who stood above the top 10. Someone who's brothers with another powerful awakened in this Eleceed world. But erased his own existence from the world of Eleceed because he fell in love with our mother...