Chapter 36

I'm not exactly sure how to describe the feeling I had when I slowly regained..."consciousness". Cold? Dark? Sad? Ominous? Scary? Depressing? Dominating? Suppressing? But the best I could say how I felt is as if I had lost before anything began.

"...-!" I sat up off the ground, in shock as my mind tried to comprehend what exactly was going on. I sat on the ground of Ilseongs apartment. The same apartment I lived in since I entered this body. Except, it was slightly different. The overall design looked exactly as I remember but there was more liveliness to it. Pictures. Many pictures scattered across the walls. The pillows weren't plain dull colors but rather flowers, animals, vibrant designs. Blankets of different colors also scattered about. As well as the laughter of none other than the woman I saw in a weird dream. A dream I knew wasn't my own memory.

I sat about a good length away from her. Blinking as my heart ached for a moment, witnessing such a joyful smile adorned on her face, reminding me of my own mother. She was in her knees, looking into a small fort made of couch cushions. As well as those same colorful blankets I mentioned. "Goodness, look at my little Prince~" she giggled, reaching over to grab whoever was inside just to yelp when another pair of muscular arms wrapped around her waist, raising her off the ground. "Oh no! Help me! The scary thief is trying to steal me!" I gasped, getting up immediately to tackle the man that snuck up on her until I noticed the short red hair again. I stopped.

"Mama!! Get away from her! I'll protect you!" My eyes went from the familiar red haired man with just as wide of a smile as the woman in his arms to the child holding a toy sword. The red hair, once again, catching my eyes. "Get him!" The woman laughed, watching as her child who looked no more than 5 attack the man. "Augh-! You have defeated me! I shall seek revenge!" The obviously stronger, huge man fell to the ground dramatically, taking the lady with him but using himself as a cushion so as not to hurt her as they fell together. Witnessing this adorable scene of a loving familiar, my stiffened self relaxed, now simply admiring the gorgeous set of wife and husband with their child, simply creating a happy memory.

All laughing while the child pouted, wondering why they were having so much fun when he took his role as his moms protector seriously.

"Hilarious, isn't it?" I turned, eyes widening. There was another person standing beside me? "Who-" but before I could finish, I suddenly realized who they were. Kain. Kain Hua, the face of the person I possessed. "Don't tell me. You can't even recognize the person you stole?" The humored smile on his face was obnoxious but so beautiful. The long flowing red hair that continued to resemble silk followed his every movement. Those red eyes. It reflected no light. As if dead. But how could a corpse talk? It sent shivers down my spine. "No, I know who you are" my response left Kain slightly taken aback but immediately return his smirk. "Id be offended if you didn't" my breath hitched hearing his voice.

It felt weird. Seeing a face I usually talked with now speaking differently. I'm not in control.

"That's enough boys. We should clean up and get ready for bed now" the woman spoke, making me turn away from Kain to watch the said "boys" whine and fall limp on the ground. "Don't wanna~" Kains father babied. "No, you cannot destroy my castle!" The child teared up. "Jeez..." she placed her hands on her hips, leaning to the side as she thought of what she should do. Then something popped up in her mind. "Oh well~ I guess this queen shall resign from baking duty" she teased, catching both boys off guard. They looked up at her, watching the woman grab a fresh baked pie from the oven and open the trash. "It's too bad, I had hoped to share it with my king and prince" she pouted. "Okay okay! You win!!" Ilseong was the first to give up, shooting up from the ground as he ran over, snatching the pie from his wife. He let out a shaky breath, knowing he saved his favorite dessert of all time.