Chapter 20

Once the realization came to me, my face of course, contorted into terror. Jisuk grimaced seeing me, probably annoyed that I looked scared to see him when he let out a frustrated sigh. "Stop looking at me like that" he turned away, eyes staring out to the sea instead of me. I blinked. "Like..what?" I asked, immediately fixing my expression into that of disgust. "Tch" he clicked his tongue, kicking bits of sand into my face. "Hey!?" I winced away, feeling the pieces hit my cheeks and some almost got into my eyes as I turned back around, wiping my face with my hoodie sleeve. "I don't like that look either" I heard Jisuk say through clenched teeth. "Then how am I supposed to look at you?!" I retorted quite loudly, sneezing after finally getting the beach sand off my face when I felt a bit of a breeze hit me in the side. Then a warmth.

Opening my eyes, I flinched seeing Jisuk having plopped onto the sand, sitting beside me. There's a distance between us but, Jisuk willingly sitting beside me was...weird. "...did Inhyuk send you?" I asked, squinting as Jisuks ebony eyes simply stared out into the horizon. Rolling my eyes, I turned away when he wouldn't answer, about ready to call Kemono back, that was busy chasing the sea waves. "I came on my own accord. So stay there" he demanded. Looking at him out of shock, I scoffed, pushing myself up to stand when I felt something yank me back down and fall right in my butt again. "Ack-" I hissed when my tailbone sent a lightning of uncomfortable pain throughout my body. "What's your problem!?" I raised my voice, snapping my head to him when my eyes caught that of his hand wrapped around my wrist. Clenching my jaw, I yanked my arm only to fail in shaking off his grip. Rather, he was tightening his hand.

"Jisuk, seriously-" then panic started. If he clenched his hand any tighter, he'll break my wrist. Actually, with how much strength he's using, my wrist should've broken a long time ago. Desperately my other hand tried to pry him off when he wouldn't budge even a bit. "Jisuk!" Then he loosened his grip, although still had his hand wrapped around me. Sighing and knowing he won't let me leave anytime soon, I gave up, staying seated beside him while my arm stayed limp in his hand. It'll be bruised. That's for sure. "Do I make you uncomfortable?" He asked suddenly. Side eyeing him, I pouted, staring at Kemono enjoying his play time all unbeknownst Jisuk was holding me hostage. "Is that even a question? Of course I am" I said truthfully. After all, of all Eleceed characters I've met, Jisuk Yoo was the most unpleasant. Beating me up as soon as I transmigrated then threatening me to no end. How could I not feel uncomfortable while he also showed no signs of wanting to mend this already rocky relationship we have? Can I even call it a relationship at this point? I don't know!

"Heh" peeking his way, I pursed my lips noticing the growing smirk on his face. It definitely didn't feel anywhere safe around him at this point. "You know. You asked my sister that same question. But, because she didn't want you to complain to your oh-so-great papa, she endured every bit of your annoying pursuit" He started, every word he spit out slowly tightened his grip again. I winced, feeling my wrist ache. "So she had to say no for my, and Shinhwa's sake" then his eyes slowly turned from the ocean until it stopped, gazing into Kains red pupils focused on him. The breeze swaying his slightly long hair caused the boy to pause for a moment. Probably, once again, taken aback by just how good looking Kain really is. He stares for a while, the once tightened grip, loosening when he notices my furrowed brows.

I blinked. Breaking eye contact when I heard Kemono bark in the distance. My eyes now zeroing in on my pup rolling in the dirt, getting all the sand in his fur. "...aren't you going to apologize?" Jisuks strained voice spoke. I stayed quiet. Trying to think of what to do right now. Jisuk, of all I've met, has officially become the hardest person to deal with. Mostly because he's already quite acquainted with Kain Hua of the past instead of Sehyun, who is now Kain. He knows Kain. But he doesn't know me. The reason for his confusion would be because he's trying to comprehend whether I'm truly Kain or not. Or if I'm someone else completely. Because Kain has been nothing but a sore sight to him as well as a needle stuck in his side. A pain in the ass. Kain has no good memory of him at all.