Chapter 7

My feet stayed planted to the ground. Watching as Jiwoo once again used his speed to attack Jisuk, only to have Jisuk match Jiwoo and Jiwoo moving faster. It kept going on and on like that for a little while until Jisuk finally had enough to the point of using his wind attribute. Using it to blast all around him and force Jiwoo away, explains that if he can't get near him, Jiwoos fast speed was useless.

BANG. BOOM. SWOOSH.

That's all we could hear in this entire match. My eyes planted on them, somehow following their movements. Perhaps my forced awakening caused my eyes to adjust and advance enough to where I can keep up with them. It was surprising. Yet horrific to watch. Suddenly, Jisuk changed his tactic by creating a wind wall with his attribute, causing Jiwoo to stumble in confusion. "You can't beat me, creating a wall like this is child's play when you have absolute control over your awakened abilities. Can you see the difference now?" He mocked, a smug smile on his face that I hate to admit, looked cool and handsome as he showed off.

Still an ass though.

"Check this out!" Suddenly, the wind wall seemed to shoot out like small wind blades, attacking Jiwoo all over. "JIWOO!!" After not moving or blinking throughout the match, I finally panicked seeing Jiwoo end up on the floor with many small cuts. My steps did the better of me as I tried to run after him when Inhyuk stopped me with one arm. "JISUK YOO!!" Inhyuk seemed upset as he yelled out his name, holding me back still. My eyes trembled, although I've seen this before and knew Jiwoo would stand up and keep fighting, it still felt completely different to see it in real life. Seeing him bleed for real. To see his body on the ground full of cuts and blood. I wanted to get him out of there but for the sake of the story, I couldn't interfere no matter what. "Kain, calm down. Jiwoo will be okay because he's an awakened one" he said, holding my shoulders. My sunglasses had fallen already.

"Are...you acquainted with Jiwoo?" Inhyuk asked, seeing how my hands gripped his arms and my trembling hardly calmed down. It wasn't just because it was Jiwoo but the flashbacks of my hyungs bloody body filled my head. And his continuous words, "...live..." had replayed over and over, sending me into another panic attack. "I-I have to go!!" I gasped, trying to breath as tears pricked the side of my eyes. While Inhyuks attention was on me, I looked at the arena, watching as Jiwoo slowly stood up, getting into a fighting position again. Hyung. He kept reminding me of Hyung. He also stood up despite the wound in his chest. Despite having a blade penetrating his heart. It reminded me too much of that. "Hic-" I started to cry again.

Jisuk noticed, tilting his head my way. Confused as to why I held onto Inhyuk. Practically hugging the guy. "What's up with-" suddenly, he noticed Jiyoung was still paying attention to the match and spun around to see Jiwoo on his feet, saying he could keep fighting. Despite his shaky limbs and bloody body, he wanted to keep fighting. "Hyung..." I sobbed, finally gaining the strength to stand on my own and scramble for my sunglasses. "I-I'm sorry" I said to Inhyuk then ran up the stairs and out of the arena. Once I did, I accidentally slammed into someone on their way down the hall. "Watch out- oh, Kain? Are you alright?" They reached their hands out to help me up but I smacked it away, my body trembling. "Kain?" They asked again as I got up and ran down the hall. I just ran. That's all I did until I finally found the bathroom where I stumbled inside and turned on the faucet, threw my sunglasses to the side and splashed my face multiple times.

"Haaahaaa" I bit my lip, sliding to the ground and crawling to the wall. I hugged my knees, sobbing out again. Again. I cried again and again. "I haven't mourned..." I realized, when I tasted blood. I bit my lip too hard to the point I ripped through my skin. BANG. I flinched, hearing a loud bang and a vibration. At first, I got scared thinking that man was after me when I remembered Jiwoo and Jisuks spar. Right, Jiwoo probably broke out his last card and hit Jisuk in the ribs. Throwing him against the wall. Jiwoo collapsed because of the pain and broken bones all over his body. Jisuk also stopped because he had broken ribs after taking that punch from Jiwoo. I kinda wished I was there to laugh in Jisuks face but, I'm in no mood for that. "That helped me calm down..." I thought, leaning my head against the wall as my eyes slowly fell, drifting off to a quick sleep in Shinhwa's bathroom. For some reason, whenever I had a breakdown, I'd become so sleepy.