Chapter 17

Rather than sitting with the rest of the main characters of Eleceed, I decided to stay outside on the deck with Kemono. Of course Jiwoo was pretty adamant on me sitting with him and the rest of the guys but I was able to get out of it with, 'I'm not comfortable with Jisuk right now. Thank you anyway' and waved him off with a dashing smile with Kains face. It left Jiwoo quite dumbstruck until he waddled his way back into the cabin. Leaving me and Kemono to stare out at the sea. A while ago, I internally panicked because of Casein Nitrate's odd behavior but thankfully, Jiwoo picked up Kayden before he could meow again. If there's anything I know about him, he hates meowing or having to act like a feline in general. Yet he meowed for me. It scared me to death. Thinking he wants me to gush over him because he's a cat. Really, if I didn't know the true him I probably would have but knowing it's a cat known as Kayden Break, the same man who threatened me for my house, who burned both Klein brothers to a crisp, and is to do much more in the future sent me into a panic.

Jiwoo and his friends are nothing but a beacon of "come kick my ass if you can" you know? And as someone who's TRYING to hide the fact I'm a forced awakened one, those kinds of people are the ones I need to avoid at all cost. And yet, because of Kains situation with his awakened father, I had no choice but to come. "Haaaaah" I sighed, leaning against the railing of the boat. Staring down at the rushing water as we basically traveled as fast as a car through this massive ocean. If I jumped, and pretended to be extremely sick or in pain, would they let me go back to human land? Nah, knowing Inhyuk he'd still take me to the awakened academy under the fact it has the best medical treatment there. Which they most likely do. "WOOF!" I flinched hearing Kemonos sudden bark. Turning to see the dog on his hind legs and front paws on the boats railing, his tongue out of his mouth as he enjoyed the breeze. Seeing Kemono having a good time made me feel a little better.

"I guess even though you're such a scary dog, you're still a pup who hasn't had enough love" I reached out, touching Kimonos head when Jisuks face flashed in my mind. Scary but hasn't had enough love. If this didn't describe the boy enough, then it'd have to be a whole essay of Jisuks life. Both him and Jiyoung had lost their parents. The cause? Unknown. It was never mentioned in the Manhwa what exactly happened to their parents nor what caused their deaths. Because of this, Jiyoung was forced into the chairwoman seat at a young age, fighting countless people to prove herself. In turn, everyone tried to convince Jisuk to overthrow his elder sister off the Chairwoman seat. Because of their pestering, Jisuk developed a natural response of anger. Thus his reason for a bad attitude.

It's not like I don't understand. Me and hyung had grown up in poverty because our mother struggled in raising us after father had left. Since Hyung was basically perfect in every aspect except riches. This made people who hated him pick on him about his supposed "raggy" clothes when really, the clothes we wore were always new. The food we ate was always fresh. The house that wasn't supposed to be well maintained remained clean at all times. Our mother, despite being a one-person work force, was one hell of a woman. She worked non-stop most of her life, 3-5 jobs and never once complained. Not to us, not to her coworkers, not to anyone. Because of these many jobs she had, word got around of our poverty and the new things we have like clothes, shoes, any kind of items we had were "fake".

It was one time and one time only when some gang wannabe high schoolers harassed our mother. She came home with a black eye and bruises all over her body. That day, hyung and I basically got on our knees begging our mother to tell us who did this. Where was she at when it happened? Etc. After a whole night of this, she finally told us. Me and Hyung had a mutual agreement. Although I may have been average in everything when compared to my hyung, the one thing I could keep up with him was fighting. I wasn't sure why. Fighting came to me so naturally unlike everything else.

Anyways. That night, Hyung and I waited in that same spot our mother was, saying she passed by a group of young boys who were hanging out there until they stopped her, asking if she was Eunwoos mom. That's when they beat her. Luckily, that group of gang wannabes stood in the very spot our mother described. Without a word to each other, both Hyung and I started beating them till they begged us to stop. I got punched a few times obviously but as usual, Hyung didn't have a single scratch or bruise when we finished up. After that, instead of these assholes hurting our mother, they actually protected her from other people who wanted to take revenge on Hyung. But honestly, hyung told me to leave after a bit saying he wanted to have a word with them alone. After that, they basically revered hyung as their unofficial leader. It was funny really but hyung always ignored them, told them to get lost, or go study for their school if they really wanted him to be their leader.