Chapter 30

Lost my spark. Whatever Seongik Han was going on about Kains "spark" left me at a loss. "Your fighting spirit! The time you dared to glare me in my eyes knowing I could easily crush you if I wanted to, that spirit! I'm glad to know you still have it. Something your mother always had" I flinched. Mother. That's the...the first time I've ever heard anyone mention Kains mother. Ever. "My...mother?" I asked, watching Seongik flinch, then turn away, letting out a slight cough before continuing on with the conversation. "Anyways, as I was saying, I'm glad to see your fighting spirit back to the way it should be" he said. I squinted my eyes, not liking how he simply tried to turn a blind eye to what he just said. Then again, seeing how nobody ever mentioned Kains mother, it's possible the woman is a hard topic on him. Even his father never once mentioned he had a mother nor any of the sort. But now I'm quite curious.

"My spark is long gone, sir. With all due respect, I'd rather you punish me for allowing my temper to get the best of me and hurt a student Im in charge of" I said, watching Seongik Han smirk. Again, the old man continued to veer off my expectations only growing my anxiety with every passing second. "You've truly changed in a way I never thought you would. Not only are you not threatening me with your father or position, you're even suggesting for a punishment yourself? How amazing." He awed, staring right at me. Uncomfortably looking away, I only stayed quiet. Of course what I just said and did is nothing like the Kain he knows. But I also need them to know he's "changed". Considering I could never be like Kain, the real Kain. A maddening yet unique character never mentioned in anything nor Easter egged throughout the Manwha. "I would punish you but what you did was for good cause. Plus, those two students you hit are known to cause quite the trouble in the first place. Especially Jisuk. In fact, I had heard the two quarreled a little on the way to class. A rowdy bunch" Seongik Han tutted, crossing his arms as he reminisced the radio of reports when they activated their powers.

Meanwhile, I only smiled. Knowing the main reason for it all was because Jisuk didn't like how they bullied Jiwoo that day. Funny really. But it also left a bad taste in my mouth for some odd reason. I'm interfering with the Manwha a lot more than I want to, so things can change. Although not completely, my presence alone can still be an affect. What if I already changed something without knowing? This thought scared me. Gulping down my nervousness, I smiled kindly to the old man beaming before me. Holding his tea cup as I picked mine up, finished it in one gulp, then set it down. "Then, thank you very much for your consideration. I should get going now-" but, of course, my words were cut off when the doors opened and closed behind. Turning around, my eyes met that of Inhyuk and Seongha. "Kain?" Inhyuk paused for a moment, looking between me and Seongik Han then the two tea cups on the table. Understanding what's happening.

"I'm sorry for interrupting," he said, walking over and sitting down beside me as Seongha sat on the other side. Basically making me sit in the middle of the two. "Th-then I really should get going-" I started. "Sit, Kain. This applies to you as well after learning of your quite recent lessons for Taeyoung" my eyes widened. Sitting back down as I felt the other two instructors staring at me, surprised to know I was actually teaching rather than slacking off. "I heard you two are teaching the unaffiliated kids" he started, referring to the elder instructors inside the room as I only frowned, staring down at the ground. Knowing how the Manwha went, Seongik will probably want me to teach the affiliate instead of Jiwoo and his group.

"I've also heard the other instructors being unhappy about it. But I don't understand why" Inhyuk responded quite calmly. "It's up to us whether to teach them or not, since we didn't come to the academy as instructors in the first place" he explained. Glancing towards me quite worriedly. Knowing I have to transfer from unaffiliated to the affiliated students upon Seongiks command. "It is up to you" the said man agreed to Inhyuks reasoning. "If it wasn't, I wouldn't be chatting with you like this. I would have ordered you to teach the affiliated kids" I gulped. I did not want to go there at all. Even though he knows I have bad blood with Jisuk and now Sucheon. Hopefully he has a kind enough heart to let me pass it up and stay with Jiwoo and Wooin. The ones I'm most comfortable with. Even then, everyone in the room stiffened up on the principal's strict words, mainly leaving the worst possible outcome to play in my own head. "As I said, we have a right to decide-" Inhyuk restated just to fall short on words when Seongik laughed heartily at his repeating remarks.